VFLW - round 8 vs Mugars at Melb Uni, Sunday 30 June 2019 at 2:30pm

We force a bounce fifteen out from their goal.

Nalder marks a touched (?) kick on the line. Point conceded.

34-19

They’re missing their chances.

34-20

That’s 5.4 leading 2.8

1 Like

A bad switch lets Stassi intercept. Her snap is just short but Stepnell toe taps it through!

40-20 with 8 minutes left!

1 Like

Nalder a high free fifty out from our goals. Unco ruckman unco disposes, so no great benefit.

Baaaaall to us twenty from their goals.

Ump gives them a nothing fifty to create a set shot from five out.

40-26 with under five minutes come the throw-up.

A mystery ruck free sets up the kick to a mark thirty out.

Miss!

40-27 at 3 minutes left

1:11 left. We’re gonna win.

2 Likes

Collier an awesome smother late.

Siren!!!

6.4.40 defeats 3.9.27

Threepeat weekend!

8 Likes

great call RadioDJR!

3-0 this weekend

4 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks radio DJR

1 Like
6 Likes

:black_heart::heart::black_heart:

That’s a happy group!

1 Like

I was going to post my video, but it got a bit sweary at the start… :smiley:

2 Likes

We played on/in a swamp, but notched up the third highest score score for the weekend (Saints 43 and Richmond 65). We’re now in front of Fark Carlton and we kicked Melbourne Uni out of the final six.

I only saw 44 of the 80 minutes after coming from Werribee, but the standard was much better than you might expect on that treacherous ground. Melb Uni (linked to Norf AFLW) had a bunch of big dominant girls and they kicked it deep often — but we had 18 doing their job. It certainly wasn’t a slog of a match; plenty of quick ball movement.

From what I saw, CBomb and Stassi clearly had their best games for us (Stassi went close to kicking a serious bag, just missed a few times).

Hicks, Morcom, and Madden were amongst the better defenders.

Frew debuted straight to the middle, looked good. Remember we lost Bullas, and our full-forward too.

Fogas was powerful in the contests (think Heath Hocking). Nanscawen and Audley prolific on the ball.

I give ol’ unco Nalder a bit of stick, but she’s very important to us. Gets lots of taps, and falls back to take saving marks old school style.

VFLW > VFL* > AFL, this week.

*margin-wise. The VFL team were awful for large sections of their game!

5 Likes

I was completely oblivious to this but I see Jessica ‘No Longer #1’ Trend was named the Mugars’ best.

Goals: Stassi 2, Wilson 2, McIntosh 1, Stepnell 1

Official best: McIntosh, Hicks, Stassi, Audley, Collier, Heil