VFLW - Semi-Final vs Casey @ Windy Hill, 11:05AM Sunday 19 June 2022 - streaming from vfl.com.au

Stop it!

1 Like

Just to annoy @Hoffy:

ESSENDON’s hopes of completing an undefeated rebel VFLW season for the perfect launchpad into its AFLW debut has received another hefty boost, with more opposition players being put into cotton wool ahead of the semi-finals.

While the redhot Bombers had the luxury of naming an unchanged team including 10 AFLW-listed players on the back of their dissection of Hawthorn last week, their semi-final rival Casey Demons have lost three more Melbourne players and will field just two in Sunday’s second semi-final.

The Demons will be without Eliza West, Grace Campbell and former Bomber Tahlia Gillard at Windy Hill and will hope AFLW Demons Alison Brown and Maeve Chaplin can play blinders to earn the first spot in the Grand Final.

Hawthorn has been hit even harder ahead of its sudden death first semi-final against Southern Saints at Box Hill City Oval, losing Jenna Richardson and Abbey Holmes, while Izzy Khoury, Charli Granville and Lauren Camilleri were injured in the qualifyinf [sic] final.

HEAD-TO-HEAD: Essendon 3-2. At Windy Hill: 1-1. Streak: Essendon 3 (last loss 2019). This season: Essendon 4.3 27 def Casey Demons 2.9 21 (Windy Hill, May 28, 2022)

Brendan Rhodes says

The Bombers made a mess of Hawthorn last week and will start strong favourites against a weakened Casey outfit in the Grand Final qualifier. The culmination of a four-year plan is two matches away from bearing fruit for Brendan Major and his women and it would be an upset if they didn’t earn the week off here. Brown is a significant inclusion for Casey and the Demons did push the Bombers to one goal in Round 14, but this looks to be a tougher ask.

Prediction: Essendon by 20

Not listening…lalalala

2 Likes

Nothing is very certain.

So you’re saying somewhat certain?

Lazy.

I couldn’t find a gif small enough for blitz’s file size limit of 1kb.

1 Like

24 hours and 2 minutes to go.

2 Likes

@Catherine_Lio and @theDJR

You better yell extra hard for me tomorrow, I’ve been put into iso til next week. Faaaarrrkkkk……. Not Happy Jan!!!

2 Likes

Working to ensure you’re cleared for the final fortnight. Good thinking.

We shall endeavour to perform for you.

2 Likes

We’ve got ya. Suspect there might be one or two welcome new fans to help man the stands too.

I hope you are ok and it’s just cautious iso!

1 Like

Sadly, no, confirmed.

1 Like

Probably the least important of all things the team is playing for tomorrow, but a win would make it 6 from 6 for all EFC teams since the loss to fark Carlton last Friday. (I think the wheelchair team won between then and now.)

2 Likes

No, they had a bye last week.

Ah right, make it five from five then!

3 Likes

VWFL matches run shorter than VFLW matches, so this semi-final is still the one looking to make it 6 in a row.

Hopefully you pull through with a mild case. I had it a few weeks ago and it really kicked my butt. X let us know if you need anything.

2 Likes

GOOOOD SEMI-FINAL FOOTBALL TO YOU ALL THIS MORNING :smiley:

5 Likes