Vietnam Visa

Anyone here been to Vietnam recently?  I'm off over Christmas and need to apply for my Visa - I've completed the forms but from what I can see I need to post them, along with my passport, to the Consular General of Vietnam in Sydney.

Does this sound right?!

Yep.

Did exactly that, didn't take much time (6 working days maybe if normal post).

Easy.

P.s.

You get a mad stamp.

Thanks mate, presume you just put a self addressed envelope in there so they can send your passport and approved visa back?

I think I provided an express post as I was short for time.

sounds like a good name for a racehorse.

I think I provided an express post as I was short for time.

This is exactly what I did, as well.

Rambo never needed a visa..

Anyone here been to Vietnam recently?  I'm off over Christmas and need to apply for my Visa - I've completed the forms but from what I can see I need to post them, along with my passport, to the Consular General of Vietnam in Sydney.

Does this sound right?!

Yep all good...have a awesome time, I've been four times, love the place

Does this sound right?!

[INSERT STEREOTYPE HERE]

I can highly recommend Sapa and if you have time fly to Siem Reap in Cambodia for Angkor Wat.

MURDOCH.

I'M COMING FOR YOU.

Been twice this year. l apply on line, and collect it at the airport when l fly in. Since l am coming from a different angle and point of entry, things are very different. Going back down there over Chinese New Year again, probably for about 10 days. l will go straight to Hoi An where l will stay with a local family of friends. l will also be looking to make a move down there for work. First choice is in the Da Nang region, only 30 km from my friends, or Hanoi which is simply beautiful, but would also move to HCMC if the opportunity came up. l have been there 6 times, l love the place, and cannardly wait to get out of the cold here, 

MURDOCH.

I'M COMING FOR YOU.
Rambo..... you.... not.... expendable.....

Been twice this year. l apply on line, and collect it at the airport when l fly in. Since l am coming from a different angle and point of entry, things are very different. Going back down there over Chinese New Year again, probably for about 10 days. l will go straight to Hoi An where l will stay with a local family of friends. l will also be looking to make a move down there for work. First choice is in the Da Nang region, only 30 km from my friends, or Hanoi which is simply beautiful, but would also move to HCMC if the opportunity came up. l have been there 6 times, l love the place, and cannardly wait to get out of the cold here, 

Unless you have moved North the weather has been unseasonally warm. Been about 25/26 every day. Today was the first cool day at about 17c.

Pretty easy process for anyone that wants to know.  Sent my passport off to the Consulate with the $95 processing fee, application form and a registered post envelope with my return address.

Had it back within 5 days,

Unless you have moved North the weather has been unseasonally warm. Been about 25/26 every day. Today was the first cool day at about 17c.

Yes, l have moved north. Camr up yo Hangzhou in July, been here ever since. l couldn't stay in Guangdong, as they wouldn't renew my visa/work permit after August 1st. Today was ■■■■■■ cold, coldest day l can remember, but that is probably because l have been living in the tropics for the last 20 + years. Today might have gotten up to 7. 

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E