Votes vs Doggies

No votes!

Well done to Ambrose never stopped trying

Redman

The others were ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Only 3 players have more than 4 votes. Iā€™m currently planning to only allocate 5, 4 and 3 votesā€¦and probably would prefer to only go 3, 2, 1.

If I were to include the ā€œironicā€ votes, Raz would be getting the 1 vote just on the basis of being named best, i.e. worst, for the team.

have you also taken off the -3 votes fantasia got. :slight_smile:

Ambrose/Redman/Merett all in the votes

This week I think give out

Then next week that allows 6 points to be added (5+1) and could go
6,5,4,3,2,1 or we could save the 6 pointer for the match against the pies.

At local cricket level, when I played in teams that got flogged (often), votes were simply done on stats. Calculated as per MyCricket and whoever had the most points would get the votes.

Maybe a similar policy has to be implemented after games like this, just go off supercoach or AFL Fantasy scores to fill the gaps.

Note: I once got three votes in a game I made 5 runs and took two catches, because we only took two wickets and no-one scored over 10. So itā€™s not a flawless systemā€¦

3 Rambrose
2 Redman
1 Zerret

Supercoach

Z. Merrett 141 116 33 75
M. Redman 77 97 16 87
D. Shiel* 92 92 23 1.1 79
P. Ambrose 61 79 11 94
M. Gleeson 49 76 14 88
K. Langford 87 72 24 78
A. McGrath 79 68 21 80

I didnā€™t include any ā€œjokeā€ votes. I always have a cumulative total for each of 3, 2 and 1 to make sure Iā€™m not out of whack and that all 3 are the same. Canā€™t use that this week with some people giving only a single vote, or all three the same, or just two players.

I donā€™t think we should hand out extra votes in a game unless itā€™s a sterling performance, like say the Adelaide game or the first North game.

I made a comment early on about how votes should be weighted based on the resultā€¦say a weighting from 0 to 2, with terrible performances like Saturday getting a weighting of 0.2 and Adelaide getting 2.0.

But this year, i reckon weā€™ve had 6 awful performances- Geelong, GWS, Richmond, Dogs, Port and WCE. i think this gets reflected in the Crichton voting where the maximum votes is 30.

1 Like

3 Ambrose
2 zerrett
1 ā€¦red?

Merrett3
Ambrose2
Redman1

PA
ZM
MR

merrett
redman