Watters sacked by Saints - throw another dwarf on the barbie

Wow who was expecting that?
There turning into Melbourne
I feel sorry for their fans

I don't they have an undeserved sense of entiltlment from thier 1 flag.  Screw St Kilda

Apparently told not to go on SEN this morning.  He did and tried to secure his job.  Backfired.

Did they have another coach lined up?

They have always been the same. Their fans know what to expect. No success, no cash, bitter infighting, the lunatics running the asylum are all historically just par for the course.

■■■■■■ good assistant coach, not a great head coach. I'm sure he will get a gig at another club. Feel sorry for the guy, but I hope St.KIlda get absolutely mauled next year (as I suspect they will anyway).

"sCOTTY wATTERS"

Was slightly shocked but then again this is St Kilda

They're turning back into the St Kilda of the 70's and 80's.

Suddenly Melbourne look professional.

Let's not go too far!

Lets not say things we can't take back

Billy Longer, out of the frying pan and into the fire*

* may or my not be the fire used to set Scott Watters alight on mad monday

Billy Longer, out of the frying pan and into the fire*

* may or my not be the fire used to set Scott Watters alight on mad monday

Well, Voss is available.

at least this will keep us out of the papers for a while. First Goddard and now Watters. Stkilda is the gift that keeps on giving.

PS. Please fold Saints

I don't understand why you'd buy into a someone's plan for 2012, 2013, the 2014 trading period and then sack him just prior to the draft for 2014.
Doesn't make any sense.

It was not watters plan at all that the saints were following

Overdue move.  Timing is all wrong, and now they are stuck with the leftovers after Melbourne, Brissie and the Eagles have all made their appointments

I don't understand why you'd buy into a someone's plan for 2012, 2013, the 2014 trading period and then sack him just prior to the draft for 2014.
Doesn't make any sense.

It was not watters plan at all that the saints were following

Pelchen's manifesto he released a while ago is probably testament to that.

In terms of Pelchen, he is often regarded as the guy who turned around Hawthorn with their recruiting.

However didn't he start in 2005? Weren't Roughead, Franklin and Lewis recruited in 2004? He is often credited with their recruitment.

Did they have another coach lined up?

Hird is available for 12 months as a stop gag measure.

I said he wouldn't last next year but I reckon that was a sudden decision brought on from the internal power struggle that has been going on.  He finally lost the support keeping him there and I would suggest that there was a player (s) involved in this power struggle.