We're flyin' high

Good player and all that but it is unbelievable how Glass got 4 All Australian guernseys when Fletch only got 2 and one was on the interchange.

Because Fletcher has always had more strings to his bow. Nothing against Glass but his best and only real attribute was his ability to negate any forward. Fletch while he could do that was also used more attackingly so if he was getting beaten on a particular day, he could find other ways to contribute.

Seems odd seeing a captain retire. Surely going into the season he'd have known it would be hard, so makes you wonder if there's something else at play here.

They called me Mr Glass

glass-repair-melbourne-246x300.jpg

Good player and all that but it is unbelievable how Glass got 4 All Australian guernseys when Fletch only got 2 and one was on the interchange.

Because Fletcher has always had more strings to his bow. Nothing against Glass but his best and only real attribute was his ability to negate any forward. Fletch while he could do that was also used more attackingly so if he was getting beaten on a particular day, he could find other ways to contribute.

Seems odd seeing a captain retire. Surely going into the season he'd have known it would be hard, so makes you wonder if there's something else at play here.

The retirement rumors were around last season, perhaps he felt duty-bound to keep going with Woosha giving it away, but obviously he  is finding it difficult to get his body right every week. Top defender, fairly low-profile guy, I have plenty of respect for the way he played. Not sure who they go to as the next skipper, Priddis or Cox would be the safest options, LeCras doesn't strike me a captaincy material, otherwise maybe Scott Selwood. Would they use the captaincy lure to try and keep Shuey from leaving for home? Didn't work for Judd...

The retirement rumors were around last season, perhaps he felt duty-bound to keep going with Woosha giving it away, but obviously he  is finding it difficult to get his body right every week. Top defender, fairly low-profile guy, I have plenty of respect for the way he played. Not sure who they go to as the next skipper, Priddis or Cox would be the safest options, LeCras doesn't strike me a captaincy material, otherwise maybe Scott Selwood. Would they use the captaincy lure to try and keep Shuey from leaving for home? Didn't work for Judd...

Maybe he thought "nah, just wanted to check we really are rubbish.  Im not hanging around for another season of this".

They called me Mr Glass

worst. movie. ever.

apart from the room.

The retirement rumors were around last season, perhaps he felt duty-bound to keep going with Woosha giving it away, but obviously he is finding it difficult to get his body right every week. Top defender, fairly low-profile guy, I have plenty of respect for the way he played. Not sure who they go to as the next skipper, Priddis or Cox would be the safest options, LeCras doesn't strike me a captaincy material, otherwise maybe Scott Selwood. Would they use the captaincy lure to try and keep Shuey from leaving for home? Didn't work for Judd...

Maybe he thought "nah, just wanted to check we really are rubbish. Im not hanging around for another season of this".
Am led to believe he wanted to go at end of last year but the club talked him around into going again as they felt a change of coach and skipper at the same time would be too much. Simpson probably needed an old head to help him in the initial period

They called me Mr Glass

worst. movie. ever.

apart from the room.

post reported

great great film. The ending suprised the hell out of me

Noah is up there for worst movie ever

Give the guy some credit. Great player.
I think Lloyd has stated he was one of the toughest to play on maybe the toughest.

That was in the era when you could take out the forward through almost any means. Bit tougher on fbs these days.
He was a good player but I still thought he was a bit overrated.
Very much my thoughts.
He was WCE's best defender for about 7 years (admittedly a good side for some of that) all up and that in a pretty weak era for big forwards. Much stronger now with Tippett/Hawkins/Walker coming on around the time he moved into the 3rd tall role.
Offered absolutely ZERO with the ball (Dale Morris levels), which isn't everything but it is something.
Good tough competitor, good leader, but meh.
Miles behind Rutten/Scarlett for mine. Nick Maxwell level where if he wasn't a leader, you'd forget he even existed.

The retirement rumors were around last season, perhaps he felt duty-bound to keep going with Woosha giving it away, but obviously he is finding it difficult to get his body right every week. Top defender, fairly low-profile guy, I have plenty of respect for the way he played. Not sure who they go to as the next skipper, Priddis or Cox would be the safest options, LeCras doesn't strike me a captaincy material, otherwise maybe Scott Selwood. Would they use the captaincy lure to try and keep Shuey from leaving for home? Didn't work for Judd...
Cox has had the fork in him for at least this year - he's done.
Rosa, maybe Hurn or S. Selwood. (is Beau Waters still alive? He used to look like he'd put his hand up, can't remember seeing him in ages)

Nah, Waters is too busy belting blokes or getting injured.

I reckon Kennedy could be a chance, tho.

Should reflect on a good career, or are people seeing through his announcement?

I think he'd be shattered that a punster such as yourself could only fit in  a couple when passing comment. You normally fit in three when you pass wind.

I think he'd be shattered that a punster such as yourself could only fit in  a couple when passing comment. You normally fit in three when you pass wind.

I was saving some for 'Ron. I thought you would have had the perspex-acity to realise that.

Or wasn't I transparent enough?

Its amazing that the weagles drug era reputation didn’t stain glass

When the big birds, take on the big game!!!