Nobody is forcing you to look at the thread

1 Like

A thread for the realists.

I like it.

1 Like

Nope.
It hasn’t.
Not this bluntly.

I confess, this thread is inspired by the poster that reminded me we have 16 flags.
So it’s all G.

Ok wim

1 Like

I’m ahead of the curve, I’ve been saying we’ve sucked for a decade now.

4 Likes

Okay, alex?

l have settled down to watch Kyrgios and read this thread. Should take care of my entertainment needs for the night. All l need is a bowl of chips.

7 Likes

We definitely need sweeping change. But don’t anyone dare suggest we need to f**kin’ ‘rebuild.’

There’s no proof rebuilding works and it’s for pansies. Clubs that sort their ■■■■ out can turn it around in 18 months. Richmond defeated us in 2016 (top up year) by only 19 points. Done well since.

3 Likes

We finished eighth so until we actually play a game, I’m happy to consider us the eleventh worst team in the comp.

3 Likes

The sad part is the 18th worst team was beating us by more than 5 goals last year when we were needing to win to play finals. We ended up winning but it showed more than anything how mentally fragile the club is

3 Likes

Well…yeeeees, but all the teams below us did better with a full list.
Other than GC.

Who is to say these changes haven’t already been made? Until the season proper begins we won’t know.

The fact that they have kept on worsfold after his abysmal performances as coach to try and to help the transition to rutten speaks volumes imo

If you think a guy is the right coach in 12 months time, why wait to give him the gig. Either he is the right guy to be coach or he isn’t. I’m a rutten fan too fwiw

5 Likes

Well…me.
Because we kept a dud (sorry, HM, but it’s true) coach and replaced him…next year…with a guy that just so happened to already be on our payroll!
What are the odds?!?

1 Like

Some posters might let you have the ones on their shoulder.

7 Likes

I’ve been pretty pessimistic the last 15 years but last year broke me, from on the field to post season.

I finally realised we’re a proper steaming pile of sh-t with little hope of progress in the short term and I have no confidence in us turning it around long term.

17 Likes

I had a chip on my shoulder in 2006.
It’s gone a bit stale.

2 Likes

@theDJR

1 Like

Same.