We flogged the floggy flogs (and Hawthorn too) - review thread

69 Likes

Stratton (is that him?) on his ar$e and the 15 year olds in the cheer squad looking away… it’s like a renaissance painting… beautiful

10 Likes

Just watching the replay and after Begley got his first goal, they showed Stratton pulling on the back of Fantasia’s jumper - really quite heavily to the point that Fantasia was being jolted around. Mckernan gets involved to remonstrate and the umpire immediately warns him.

Wtf why not speak to the instigator!! (Think the ump was Fisher)

8 Likes

You’re warming to him. Good to see. He stays in for that alone. :wink:

11 Likes

I think you’ve just answered your own question.

2 Likes

I like this from Hepp - encouraging the younger players!

13 Likes

He is now doing what BB has been saying all year. It took for his job to be on the line for him to see the light. He has a lot of catching up to do.

Should say ’ stand up you garden gnome… oh’

1 Like

Carlton can’t.

1 Like

Needs to read Blitz more. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Which is a very good thing. :wink:

1 Like

That second word is misspelt…

15 Likes

It was a diplomatic throw under the bus

Arrived in Florence when the gane started. Decided on eating lunch at a cafe on via Guelfa. I knew we would win.

10 Likes

First of all, I don’t think this game changes anything. We played a typically fast game style that just won’t hold up to teams that slow it down and close down our run and handball. There’s no way top 4 sides allow the run that Hawthorn gave McKenna and Saad from the backline. I actually can’t believe they gave them so much freedom.

I think the backline was awesome. Hurley and Hooker just rebound everything, Ambrose is a glove who never gives a thing, Redman is the whole article whilst Saad and McKenna were given ridicolous amounts of freedom. Also didn’t mind Zaka’s loose cheap stats style down back, it kinda works.

My wife who doesn’t like football too much loves Heppell. His after game stuff with those two sick kids was adorable. He was also a gun of field I thought, looked like Pendlebury with his spacial awareness. I thought Bellchambers had a good game, broke even with an inform McEvoy, if not beat him which helped us in the midfield battle. Parish is becoming a star and I love his composure although I didn’t like seeing him on the flanks again, surely someone like Zerrett can go to a wing and Parish can be allowed full control in the middle.

Zerrett had a great second half and ran hard to get us our match winning lead, Shiel’s kicking was composed which was great to see, Clarke did a good honest job on JOM and was a handy link up player throughout. I also thoroughly enjoyed Langfords game, his snap goals and his composure he’s fast becoming a very handy player.

LAV up forward I thought was very good, shame he can’t kick. I reckon he puts too much pressure on himself for a spot in the team so he overthinks his kicking. Could have asily kicked 3 but his marking was on point.

On the flipside Tippa’s first half was embarrassingly bad, Begley was very poor until two late goals saved face and our kicking forward let us down although it was better than it had been for a few months. Also umpires.

9 Likes

Anyone got a gif of belly’s headrub.

Regarding the Stratton Pinching - Any apology or comments about be regretful or remorse will be superficial. If he wasn’t caught or if there was lack of evidence he would have kept on doing it.

I had to explain to my son who was watching the game with me about the pinching. I am glad he agreed it was a bad thing - and the highlight was my son making the comment “why can’t he just play the footy instead of pinching?” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Have run out of likes, but well written, mate.

Their lack of forward structure cost them. Our defenders were fantastic, but against a better side, conceding 19 inside 50s in the first quarter could prove costly.

Did you see the stat on the fastest runners in the game? Saad was fastest ( no surprise) but I wasn’t expecting to see Hurley in the top 6.

Stratton straight to the tribunal on two charges but no details on what they are.

1 Like