We flogged the floggy flogs (and Hawthorn too) - review thread

Good. Pinching is just lame. Hope he cops a ban.

Also cited for stomping Shaun McKernan.

■■■■■■■ dirty prick, if he is the best captain option the hawks have, then they’re done.

1 Like

Tough tough team

From Hodge as captain to this bloke

What’s the penalty for “serious misconduct”?

Loss of a finger.

1 Like

15 Likes

Straight to the tribunal, but not worth a report or feee kick at the time.

Hope he goes. An embarrassment to the comp, and people who play the game.

2 Likes

Stomping aswell?

FAMILY CLUB!

1 Like

We seem to still have a burst of speed but I believe we’ve improved in controlling the tempo. And can maintain possession when required.

Our defence has really tightened up - something that good finals teams do. The only thing that is really costing us at the moment is the forward line and the injuries. Really hard to build that chemistry when there’s that high turnover of players.

1 Like

Interesting that Impey copped a fine was his hit on Merrett too.

Btw this was the Stratton gesture to the crowd

What a class act

Redman with the crunch back was more of what we want to see.

What do you base that on that we’ve improved in controlling the tempo? This game reminds me of when we beat Sydney at Eithad last year on the run home. We were just too quick and used our pace to burn them through the middle, nothing more. I think it had very little to do with controlling the tempo. Wins like this are par for the course, we seem to have a fair few of them each year against middle of the road opposition.

You’ll only know if we’ve improved in controlling the temp when we play some serious sides. Next two weeks will tell the tale. Can we win without run and gun against a great team? I’ve rarely seen it.

Have people on here ever just been happy with a win that keeps us in the hunt regardless of all the other crap? I’ve rarely seen it.

9 Likes

There was a number of occasions during the game where we elected to maintain possession and chip kick around until an option ahead opened up. Seems pretty controlled to me compared to previous years where we’d just play on regardless.

5 Likes

I’m happy with the win, so hope you’re not referring to me. But if you’re sooking because I’ve gone through the good and also the bad in the game, then maybe hop over to the lid off thread and celebrate moving to 10th.

3 Likes

I’m very happy with the result - scoreboard flatters the Hawks.

We played well. Our defence is fantastic, we are the 2nd clearance team in the comp - just need to build on our forward chemistry further. Last night was a big improvement in that area.

2 Likes

Fair enough but it looked exactly like a lot of other wins in recent times to me. Exciting and fast paced for the most part.

Come on you need an explanation? Guelfi plays for Essendon, other players obviously do not.

1 Like

Could HAVE been 40 points

6 Likes