We flogged the floggy flogs (and Hawthorn too) - review thread

Fwiw tombstone is much cooler than Deadwood in real life. Or at least feels a bit more authentic. Deadwood is in some damn fine country though. And you can go on a tour of a decommissioned icbm silo while you’re out there, and the badlands, and Rushmore and crazy horse (which is pretty incredible)

1 Like

Not a fan of westerns. I can understand that.

Worsfold gave credit to other coaches for the changes in the 3rd quarter. Who WERE THEY?

In the first half Hawthorn played the uncontested posession game. After half time we emulated it, but did it better, then locked the ball in our forward line for almost a quarter and a half, which is something Hawthorn were unable to do at any time during the match.

Funnily enough, the uncontested game plan has been the basis of our game plan since 2016 or before.
We just went back to it when we needed to find a way to beat Hawthorn.

1 Like

If you missed the pre game interview with Stratton…it was basically Hamish asking about
a. him being a DJ
b. his ■■■■■■ tats
c. his mullet haircut. Cringefest.

2 hrs later we see the opposing captain Hep hugging some poor sick kid and giving him a night to remember.

24 Likes

Just my two cents… Ben Stratton you are weak and gutless. Stomping and pinching from the captain, classic Hawthorn. I guess he had to do something special to outdo Hodge.

Also Fantasia has incredible restraint to put up with that.

9 Likes

Funny you say that.

A few years ago I was in the USA. Went to a telco shop in Atlanta to get a sim card to use in my phone whilst there. Said I wanted to be able to make local calls and international calls to Australia.

The girl set it all up. Whilst in the shop I made a test call home to Aus. Got a message saying I couldn’t call that international code. The girl checked it all and re-entered the information etc. Tested it again and still wouldn’t work. The girl couldn’t work out why it wasn’t working.

After mucking around for another 30 mins it turned out she had set it up for Austria!

6 Likes

Just a shout out. Mr BM (long time suffering Fark Carlton supporter) did engage so well with Bomber grandson. Such a pleasure to see them “discussing” the finer points of the game. Mr BM is a really good sport :smile:

3 Likes

At a Bruins game I sat next to the dumbest person I’ve ever met, a yank.

He was intrigued with what we have in Australia.

I grab some chicken and chips during the game.

‘So, ah, you guys got that ah, FRIED CHICKEN in Australia?’
Yeah mate, we got fried chicken in Australia.

Next break I grab a bag of peanuts.
‘So, ah, you guys got PEANUTS down in Australia?’
Yeah mate, we got peanuts in Australia.

Next break I grab a couple of beers to share with him.
‘So ah…’
yes mate we’ve got beer down in Australia…

17 Likes

Classic.

You shoulda fcked with him & said no. :laughing:

2 Likes

He should be suspended for that stamp, that was absolutely pathetic. As for the pinching, what a little twat. What kind of flog pinches??

Hawthorn really are a urinal cake of a football club.

3 Likes

He has been referred to the tribunal for stomping and pinching, as well as coping a $1,000 fine for an obscene gesture to the crowd. Well done Stratton, your rep is well and truly in the toilet after that. What a peanut. It is indeed gratifying to see that the spirit of Vanturdenburg is still alive and well at the Dawks, who now have the quinella for the worst captians of all time. Way to go Dawks, family club and all that, what a great image for kids.

3 Likes

They’re really not.

You would pizz on a urinal cake, … :smirk:

2 Likes

Richie Vandenberg must be rolling in his grave at the disservice Stratton has done to the hawks captaincy.
Oh isn’t Richie dead? Sorry confused it with deadshit

3 Likes

small poppy syndrome

6 Likes

2 Likes

Called into the local clubrooms today and went to the one eyed dorks fan, pinched him under his arm. Schooner of beer went everywhere.
Only just seen the stomping. He better be wearing steel toe capped boots thursday night.

20 Likes

I reckon the pinchy Simpsons episode is the the best one - “Lisa gets an A” from memory.

3 Likes

I’ve thought about this, and I reckon the best way to go about it would be only comment if asked and say that if one my players did that I’d be very embarrassed.

FMD, that’s serious. We’ve all been ‘play pinched’ at some time, and that hurts a bit, but doesn’t leave a mark. This ■■■■■■■■ must have been squeezing with all his power to leave bruises like that. What a ■■■■.

1 Like

Why is Stratton a good guy? I didn’t really know much about him until he was somewhat bizarrely named captain and in his first year as captain he’s been outed more than as a bloke who uses dirty tactics to minor effect.