We flogged the floggy flogs (and Hawthorn too) - review thread

Why was Stratton playing on Fantasia anyway? Seems like a strange matchup to me.

Thinning out on top, too.

You got a problem with that???..

1 Like

Hmmm I missed Smith and Zacka.

Has go’d account been hacked by Donald trump?

1 Like

Looks more like bsd

1 Like

Pffft AFL what would they know

Don’t get me wrong, potentially the best midfield we’ve had for sometime with upside, just not currently up to the 2000 midfield. They were ruthless.

What is it with hawk fans, they’re either wearing 1 or 2 year ‘member’ scarves, or wearing a replica 2015 premiership guernsey over business attire.

People stereotype each clubs supporters, but 99% of these ■■■■■ are all the same.

7 Likes

#bandwagon

Strong message sent by the supreme being of the AFL; Goyder re the pinching.
“I hope it will get dealt with properly…”

They consistently boast of having one of the highest membership totals in the comp (must be plenty of part-time Taswegians on board), yet their average match attendance is mid-table most years. Hell, even the Dees are averaging more fans to their games in 2019 than the Dawks & the Dees have been stinking it up.

3 Likes

Just heard the watered down, wishy washy comment by Stratton. A little contrite, not a good look for the game cliche ridden rubbish, not a good look for the captain of the club. He is only saying something because he has been caught out. I am sure that this tactic was carried out with the full knowledge and support of Clarko. The pinching was bad enough, the stomping was worse as it has the potential to injure. He desreves a suspension for that, probably just cop a fine for the pinching. Should stick to defending, and regrow the mullet.

1 Like

Just another example of a dirty Dawks player. For years and years, Sam Mitchell deliberately dropped his knees into players when entering contests. 'Twas a deliberate act aimed at corking opposition players (or worse). And he got away with it for a long time before finally being caught out. Lethal didn’t mind behind the play hits back in the day either.

3 Likes

Ambrose played well. Guelfi needs work on his disposal efficiency. Why does Tippa have these long quiet periods? Laverde- mate, think small target when you kick for goal. Loved TBC patting Poppy’s noggin. Loved Heppell with that sick kid after the game. Will Snelling did well in the VFL - good Dev Smith replacement.

You didnt have to specify it was a yank, we would have already known.

I got asked if we had eBay in Australia.

3 Likes

From the telecast it looked like there was only the one bay of wee & poo directly behind the goals
They sure don’t like traveling two extra stops to Docklands do they
The noise from our Bombers supporters when Saads goal sailed thru in the 3rd - awesome I could hear it from up here in Bowral NSW (dunno if that noise made it to Dubbo :wink:)

Spot on, Matthews was the games biggest sniper and grub for a long time, ■■■■ stain of a club have a long history of these pretend tough men

5 Likes

Geoff Poulter wrote an article in the Herald about 1989 listing the ten worst thuggery incidents in the 1980’s.

9 of the ten were by Hawthorn players, I think 3 by Dipper, 3 by Dermie and 2 by Matthews. The last one was an unexpected one - Gary Buckenara who knocked out Michael Nettleton behind play.

And that didn’t include Gary Ayres and Michael Tuck, who could both snipe for Australia.

7 Likes

Can’t recall the exact year (somewhere around the mid-80s), I booed Peter Curran over the fence and he turned to me and said “Fck off you little kent”. I was happy to have provoked such a response and was sure to boo extra hard whenever we played the Dawks and he was out there.

9 Likes