We flogged the floggy flogs (and Hawthorn too) - review thread

anyway, my point is just let him do his rehab without the added pressure of the captaincy.
otherwise go co-captains.
It would be like us talking up Devon smith as a potential captain next year, but his focus should solely be on rehab, and getting back on the park.

Clarko wants to distract everyone and deflect the narrative away from his own problems.

1 Like

Which apparently isn’t healing as well as hoped - some complications along the way

And not allowed to be captain when (if) he returns.

Really? That sucks. Hope he gets it right by next season.

I’ve broken a leg 3 times and have never had any issues with healing.* What are they doing over there?

*I’ve never had to run out a game of AFL football.

SandpaperGate and PinchGate have perhaps more similarities than Clarko might care to acknowledge.

1. The guilty parties were caught in the act on video.
  2. They involved the captain of the team.
  3. The cheating was premeditated.
  4. The whole team has fallen from grace , at least partly as a result.

So if Clarko just wanted to make a point about about the press furore, maybe he should have reflected on those similarities as well before opening his mouth.

14 Likes

Clarko comments plenty on the issue, but then criticizes the integrity (there is that word again) of the Tribunal system and the chair of the AFL Commission Richard Goyder for making lcomments on the issue. Trial by media? Perhaps, but it is hard to argue against it when you are caught on camera committing the offences with which you are charged. Clarko with double standards? Never!

2 Likes

I think Clarko has been pretty smart in his comments.

He has commented on the situation which generally they are not allowed to and then masked it by suggesting the AFL Commissioner has overstepped his boundaries.

A heck of a lot smarter approach than the racist comments that the president came up with.

2 Likes

Both are deflecting, they know it’s a ■■■■ tactic, they know it’s been going on. Only thing is Kennett has overstepped the mark with his racist commentary.

1 Like

Maybe Kennett is onto something :joy::joy:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-vision-emerges-of-security-guard-stepping-onto-blundstone-arena-about-to-break-up-onfield-tussle/news-story/0497f44b6c3c1e121d6868072a47d4a0

What’s that got to do with Kennett’s comments?

Kennet said the security guards dont understand our game or our culture and that’s why there telling people off for booing etc

1 Like

I know. He made the assumption because they’re not as white as him. He’s a ■■■■.

3 Likes

He made the mistake of implying the people in the actual footage were from another country/culture. Had he actually made it more ambiguous, it would have just been an interesting point.

If I went to England to do security at soccer games, I would have no idea of the vibe and nuance of the crowd. I would find certain things unacceptable, that someone else who has been going to soccer games since they were a kid wouldn’t.

It wasn’t racist. Just a dumb thing to say.

1 Like

Except it totally was.

4 Likes

It definitely was. He assumed they weren’t born here because they’re not as white as him. He assumed they don’t know about football or our culture because they’re not as white as him. That’s what racism is. He’s an idiot.

12 Likes

Should have thrown him down the stairs and asked, uh, if they have universal healthcare in the States.

1 Like

I can see what you’re saying. And I did say he was wrong for implying the people in the footage were from another country.

1 Like

Yep. Not having a go at you. I just think he’s a ■■■■■■■■. It’s been an ugly week for the Hawks. First we broke Carlton and now this haha. Season is looking up.

7 Likes