We flogged the floggy flogs (and Hawthorn too) - review thread

he’s also making the assumption that the security staff are making an autonomous decision to call out this behaviour. they’ve been explicitly told what to look out for, “understanding our game” has four fifths of not very much to do with it.

edit: also making another ridiculous assumption that these far away, magical overseas places don’t have sport with spectators passionately involved. smacks of the old “best sport in the world” wankery

4 Likes

Impey made Team of the week on the HBF, Conor didn’t…

Hurls and Zerrett did though.

Kennets had a long history of racism, facism and state level austerity. And on top of all that, he barracks for the dawks.

1 Like

Of course Clarko is well qualified to discuss the severity of pinching…

“I’m bewildered, in a sense, by just how significant the discussion becomes on it … In terms of the severity of things that have happened on the football field, jeez, I think this is minor,” he said.

2 Likes

Can we stop letting teams back in when we look like we are going to bury them?

Should have beaten Freo and Hawks by 6+ goals.

Percentage will be important for us

4 Likes

Can add the Melbourne win to this too. Kept letting them back in with half a sniff in the last term

Imagine if a factory worker came to his foreman and said: “I’m being bullied in this workplace,” and the foreman just laughed it off. The foreman could easily find himself under investigation.

5 Likes

Nah, biting is a more of a dog act than pinching.

1 Like

You’re right but only because dogs don’t have fingers.
If they did they’d be at it all the time.

6 Likes

I dunno, will the umps stop bending us over to try and get teams back into games against us?

8 Likes

2 games for Stratton. 1 for each charge.

6 Likes

Holy sh#t! 2 match ban!

2 Likes

But apparently didn’t justify any free to us

10 Likes

Great. Let’s hope they take Clarko’s advice on that as a precedent and give Stratton a 12 month suspension.

Edit:: oops, looks like I am late to the party again…

2 Likes

Lol you talking about the GOAT right, the tough man that was only 5”7 and everyone in the comp was scared of. I think you could comfortably call Matthews a tough man, he was dirty but he was immensely “tough” and scary.

If you class this as tough your a peanut

4 Likes

Only thug ever to be de-registered by the VFL and charged by VicPol for that piece of thuggery.

1 Like

Pretty sure hawthorn didn’t have an indigenous player reach 20 games until the year 2000’s.

1 Like

Interesting thought. A an extension of this argument could be put in the Fan Behaviour thread. But it hasn’t.

Gill should send him to the retrospective tribunal and take back all the cups he won as a coach

1 Like