We wanna talk about norf

FOLD

Joe Daniher kick 6

We'll beat them. 

It will be really close. They'll have a massive pre season, get hyped by everybody, will dominate periods of the game and will be gallant in defeat. It will be be a case of 'North just couldn't put Essendon away.' 

But in reality, we'll win because we are better than them. 

Everything they do is pissweak and mediocre.

“Just for recreation’s sake to pass the time away”.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sympathy-for-essendon-james-and-the-giant-breach.988490/

Degenerate North Melbourne seem to be more obsessed with us as opposed to their own club. Yes Bigfooty are filled with morons but Norf supporters are on a whole new level.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sympathy-for-essendon-james-and-the-giant-breach.988490/
Degenerate North Melbourne seem to be more obsessed with us as opposed to their own club. Yes Bigfooty are filled with morons but Norf supporters are on a whole new level.

Why waste your time reading that rubbish?

■■■■ club.

we were odds of $3 for this match so I put $15 bucks on us..

I think odds should be fairly even.

And me being optimistic Essendon supporter believe we will get over the line.

Jeez they were unlucky last year, but you make your own luck in this game and I you keep saying "if only..." you'll never improve.

I think we'll win but after the last few years I'm more concerned about the end of the season than round 1, plus a couple of early losses could keep us off the media radar.

Not saying I want to lose, just that I'd be more than happy to try a few of our players with less than 3 yrs in the game rather than treat it as a must-win.

North mean nothing to me, especially in rond 1. There are about 16 other teams I would be more upset losing to.

Apart from 2012, we've made a mess of Norf every time we play them in round 1. 2008 and 2001 come to mind

Jeez they were unlucky last year, but you make your own luck in this game and I you keep saying "if only..." you'll never improve.

I think we'll win but after the last few years I'm more concerned about the end of the season than round 1, plus a couple of early losses could keep us off the media radar.

Not saying I want to lose, just that I'd be more than happy to try a few of our players with less than 3 yrs in the game rather than treat it as a must-win.

North mean nothing to me, especially in rond 1. There are about 16 other teams I would be more upset losing to.

There is no way that they will be gifting games to players in R1, or treating this game with anything but the utmost respect.

Why are we even talking about Norf?
This thread should be about round 3.....

You given up on the games against North and Hawthorn already?

There is no way that they will be gifting games to players in R1, or treating this game with anything but the utmost respect.

I understand that every game counts, and we have a new coach who will be desperate to win his first game, plus we have a lot to prove.

And of course we need to get back on the winners list, not to mention memberships tend to sell a bit better when we are winning.

My point is that considering our fadeouts in the 2nd half of the season, I could personally brush off a round 1 loss as 'not wanting to peak too early'. I'm certainly not getting all anxious like I would in the lead up to a game against the blues or the pies. And it's not like we'd be losing to GWS or a cellar dweller either.

Having said all of that, I'd rather see us play well and lose, than play crap and just get the 4 points. I'm thinking long term, and all I really want from round 1 is an indication that things are on the right track.

My boss is a Norf supporter (see they do exist) and reckons they will win it all this year.

They truly are delusional

You given up on the games against North and Hawthorn already?

No. More that I care about 'norf' so little that I only really give them any thought the week before we play them. 
Bloos on the otherhand... constantly occupy my football consciousness like the yang to Essendon's ying...

remember when norf fans were taking other people's memberships who weren't attending to their home games, scanning them to make the crowd figure look bigger? this was in their forum, arden st or whatever it is bigfooty
sums up that fkg club. die norf

Fixed, FWIW.
The major reason a) bigfooty has a large number of Norf fans and b) bigfooty sucks.

I don't think they are unlucky I think they are a bunch of pretenders and always have been.  The media constantly talks them up and has done for years, why I don't know, and they and their supporters believe the hype.

They constantly talk about what might have been and how unlucky they are.  They are no more "unlucky" than anyone else.  They cant win pressure matches, think they world owes them a living, and cant face the fact that they are a mediocre team and have been for years.

Why the so called experts talk them up every year I have no idea, but it is a continuous source of great amusement in our household.

They cant work out what they want to be, who they want to be (kangaroos or shinboners) where they want to play, (ACT, Tasmania, Gold Coast), and are basically full of hot air.

They completely lack direction from the top and always have.  I could go on, but why bother.

Oh and one more thing.  The whole "Wayne Carey slept with my wife' just showed how unprofessional they are.  The players decided they  didn't want to play with their best player anymore.  The players should have been told, "you have a contract, we pick the team, you will play with who we tell you to".  This is a business, not a suburban league.

Dons by 37

…goals