We won a milestone game! Lions review thread

He looks so much like a young Goddard in his face

1 Like

Well yes, of course there has.

Maybe we should rephrase the question:

"has there ever been another player in the history of aussie rules that looks more like an actual lead in an Edwardian romantic play?

9 Likes

What time is the replay on, on Foxtel?

5.30 am

2 Likes

What time is the Edwardian romantic play on?

11 Likes

He hit some amazing passes by foot today.

They were legit squealing about it.

1 Like

We won. And now letā€™s never speak of it again.

11 Likes

So glad to have Harris Andrews in our team. Gives us somebody to kick to in our forward line.

12 Likes

Give it a rest. He had a good game.

Looking forward to the anual ā– ā– ā– ā–  show in Perth where we go down by 50+ points and to rub salt into the wound cop a reaming from the umps.

1 Like

We are Essendon

We are Essendon!

4 repeats of the Bounce and Beep Test first.

3 Likes

Finished watching the game a little while ago, had a function on today.

It was like a bad day at the office, but you know you just have to get the job done and we did.

That was Redman.

4 Likes

Do you ever see Myers producing that kind of game consistently?

He was rubbish for the first quarter and a half, and pretty good after that today imo

I place him in the same boat as Goddard. They are capable of good games (bj, way more) but Iā€™d have both currently as depth only and getting games into younger players with higher ceilings

5 Likes

Except that Iā€™m sure BJ provides a hell of a lot more on field leadership than Myers.

1 Like

this is something i will never understand.

I get experience and leadership and all that. but after the season weā€™ve had so far, what actual quantifiable proof is there, that leadership without being able to lead the way by your actions, proves anything ?

if you believe the coaches, the players arenā€™t sticking to the way they want them to play right ?
goddard has played every game.

earlier in the season yet again he was essentially labelled as just a grumpy old fart who over reacts to players not doing what they are suppose to, when he sorta gives them a spray.

This isnā€™t a go at goddard, itā€™s about the myth that players should be played or that because of leadership and or experience.
esp if players arenā€™t listening to coaches, why would they listen to players out on the ground ?

I can go back to the RAdelaide game for on field leadership from him.

But not going to games, I donā€™t see much of what happens off the ball or between ad breaks.

So I wonā€™t comment on that. Merely what I can see on TV.

no doubt he tells players where to set up and all that, thatā€™s not the point i was trying to make.

but in theory you could get anyone to do that. they donā€™t need to have the tag leadership or experience to do that.

players should know where they are suppose to be and how to set up though, well thatā€™s the mantra that worsfold seems to keep running with.