We won a milestone game! Lions review thread

Their intensity/tackling pressure was very solid all game - with Heppell out of action. Won the centre clearances. The Package stepped up with both contested ball, goals and score involvements. Zerrett’s tackling was awesome. Redman played with great maturity and poise. And the run of Saad out of the backline was important. Myers very good.

3 Likes

channels my inner Ray Hudson

MAGISTERIAL

2 Likes

Really scrappy win but you take it

Stringer really good

Saad BOG

1 Like

Yep.

Any win interstate, with 2 of your top playmakers out, has some merit.

McGrath was very much better this week. Stringer, Lang, Dev all good again. Zerrett back! This midfield could, and will, be good.
Myers very, very good covering for Hepp.

I’m eating my hat over Dea’s form, he’s added a good hard edge. Hurley tighter, less of the ball, better. I think he conceded 2, keeping Hipwood to only 2 or 3 marks. You’d take that.

Bellcho OK on Martin, I thought. Martin beat him overall, but I thought he split the actual ruck contests, or near enough to give us a crack.

11 Likes

Opposite problem to last year. :thinking:

2 Likes

Individuals stood up for mine.

Saad & McGrath - run and carry and repeat
Hepps - set the win up
Guelfs - looked good, played better
Myers - protected the kids and played very good footy
Stringer - starting to look consistant
Merrett - welcome back
Redman - real 200 game class to him

6 Likes

Haven’t seen a minute of the game, will watch tonight on IQ, but what did Baguley do? Red Sash on twitter said “worth it Bags”. Anyone shed some light on that please? Did he line someone up or something?

very minor hit on Hodge. Was a free kick. He didnt line him up

2 Likes

More than likely it was just Sash having a red with Sheeds

11 Likes

Bumped Hodge late in the last 10 seconds.
Nothing in it, just gave away a downfield free

2 Likes

The GOOD

• A win interstate, you take them anytime. Build our win ledger, build interstate confidence
  • A win without Heppell/Zaka/Daniher
  • Stringer was arguably our most influential player
  • Saad was BOG down back for us
  • Redman was composed and had a great 4th game
  • Guefli mostly good
  • Zerrett was great and I liked what Langford brings to the table

The BAD

• Scrappy, sh*tty performance for the most part, 3rd quarter kicking was an aboination
  • Tippa is nowhere near the player he was last year. Either lazy or carrying something.
  • Green…yeah nah
  • Brown…yeah nah
  • Faz and a few others were poor
  • Kicking for goal
4 Likes

Hold the phone champ…

Dunno, but Laconic Langford clotheslined some bloke to hold up a 2-on-1 that would’ve opened us right up. Solid professional cheating.

17 Likes

Credit it to @frosty or making zorko captain of his supercoach team. Said his selection plays ■■■■.

4 Likes

My god it was an absolute ■■■■ show for the best part. Honestly, our skills were really, really bad

Any interstate win is good though and I’m glad for the qld supporters

7 Likes

He’s injured.

3 Likes

Smith had ice on his calf hopefully it’s minor

Can’t see that Hodge has a case to answer. Unavoidable contact.

If it’d been a crucial time of the game, you’d be furious with Bags. Free downfield. Nothing more.

1 Like

We’re unbeatable at the Gabba.

1 Like

really shouldn’t be playing if that’s the case. Hope the bye gives him a chance to freshen up.

1 Like