We won a milestone game! Lions review thread

Assigned markers or just combined effort?

A refreshing change

He is a gun. His work in the defensive 50 is massive. Tackles, spoils, relieving kicks that open up the play, etc.

1 Like

Absolutely!
Iā€™m actually for winning. I donā€™t know how that might have been misconstrued.
Iā€™m also for diminishing the oppositionā€™s effectiveness.

Good job with that this week.

5 Likes

The whole club is still playing catch-up from the nightmare start to the year. Weā€™ll have some good games and some shockers and weā€™ll muddle through a couple, but at least you can hope that a system is starting to be assembled out of the catastrophe.

Strange to remember how highly-touted our triple tall forward structure was pre-season, now one is injured and wonā€™t be back any time soon, one is playing down back, and one is in the VFL. Absolutely everything on-field has basically been turned upside down.

23 Likes

And not helped one little bit by Fanta being at half rat power.

Fanta, Joe, Hooker and Stewart all being in form in Skippyā€™s forward line was how we turned scrappy games into clean wins.
Theyā€™re not there this year.
Mitch Brown, Green and McNernan are a step down in class.

1 Like

For a coaching outfit derided as conservative, lots has changed this year

This borked after I did an edit to try and Include the quote from wimm and instead it quoted my post

1 Like

we get it ivan, you love yourself.

11 Likes

I feel a bit sorry for you guys having to watch that week in week out. Third quarter was awful.

Forwards need a lot of work, they got in each otherā€™s way for most of the day.

Stringer was good as was Saad and MCG. Thought Smack tried hard. Tippa is very lazy, didnā€™t work hard in defence at all. Thought Langford was very lazy too, guarding space all day.

Loved how we traded pick 11 for Smith and Jakey and picked Guelfi who Iā€™d have been happy with at 11.

4 Likes

1 Like

Canā€™t be right. SPUD Myers, 28 possesions,ā€¦ 16 contested?? Pfffhhht, ā€¦ sure.

1 Like

I thought this was a really good win against a Brisbane side that are very under-rated.

3 Likes

On the Verandah today - great day. When Smack run in the goals and missed that sitter in the third quarter I heard someone yell ā€œThat was so Essingtonā€. Lmao

9 Likes

You look at their list on paper, just like ours, and I honestly think theyā€™re underachieving.

It was almost our VFL forward line out there today.

So, ā€¦ whata ya got to say to your knockers after that one Dave??

davidmyersgif2_zps156923b4

Ok then, ā€¦ thatā€™s probably fair enough ā€¦

12 Likes

Our VFL forward line was pretty useless today, but still scored 53 more points that that.

1 Like

Was going to encourage you to post that gif - glad you did it of your own accord. Can be considered incendiary though - likely to trigger some people but didnā€™t think you would care lol.

It canā€™t be right because itā€™s not right, Myers didnā€™t have 16 contested possessions, you must be reading the kick column

1 Like