Week 1 2021 Non Essendon Finals

I DON’T SEE THE TIGERS DARCE
THEY DIDN’T MAKE IT RICHO
THEY TIGER ARMY WON’T LIKE THIS ONE BIT DARCE

30 Likes

Hope the cats get knocked out in straight sets.

1 Like

Are we going to have RICHO and DARCE commentating our game?

hope Brisbane gets knocked out in straight sets and Daniher rips his hamstring off the bone while diving for a free kick

8 Likes

BLITZ WON’T LIKE THAT ONE BIT DAVO

3 Likes

Imagine getting the win, and we have Darcy’s “enthusiastic” call over the top of it.

1 Like

Geelong will beat Port Adelaide, even in Adelaide.

Sydney and GWS will be extremely close, but the Swans… just.

Melbourne fairly comfortably over Brisbane.

And for us? My only prediction is that I am going to be a bundle of nerves.

1 Like

Fark Port

3 Likes

My dream - we beat Dogs then knock out Brisbane.

3 Likes

Ideally our path to the flag goes Dogs, Melbourne, Cats and then Brisbane in the granny.

Keen to avoid playing an interstate team at their own ground this year.

So in respect to the above Go Lions and Cats this week :wink:

I reckon the Dees are gonna do it and I reckon they might just steamroll their way through September (noting that week 1 is still august).

1 Like

This upcoming elimination final is the first time that Sydney and GWS will have come together in September which got me thinking, has a ‘derby’ happened in a final before? Admitably I haven’t paid too much attention to it and have put in about 5 minutes on Google but nothing came to light. Naturally Brisbane haven’t played GC in a final, I’m pretty sure West Coast and Fremantle haven’t either but I’m not sure if Port have come together with Adelaide in September. If this is indeed the first time it has happened then it’s quite extraordinary that is hasn’t happened before now.

You mean the first after the two other times they’ve met in finals?

Port Adelaide and Adelaide played one final in 2005 (Semi Final). Crows won by 83.

West Coast and Fremantle never played a final against each other. Brisbane and Gold Coast in the same boat.

GWS and Sydney have already played two finals and GWS have won both. A 36 point Qualifying Final win in 2016 (Stadium Australia) & a 49 point Elimination Final win in 2018 (SCG).

1 Like

Diggers wasn’t pretending to be a Sydney supporter those weeks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wasn’t joking when I said I haven’t been keeping a close eye on it.

They’ve met twice before? But have they met before in Tasmania?…

…Got to go, my Uber is here.

1 Like

Sydney are in trouble against the Giants.

GWS only needed a quarter against Carlton. I reckon foot to the floor they may overwhelm the swans.

Not sure if serious or winding up Diggers…

If cats can’t win it this year the they are finished imo majority of the team is full of 30 year olds the cliff will come quickly in the next year or 2

1 Like

Little bit of both

1 Like