Week 3 Finals Thread

If anyone is going to the game today - bring your #StandbyHird posters.

The last thing I would want to see is a Port vs Sydney Grand Final. Would be the most irrelevant and boring Grand Final in history.

Hope the Hawks rip them a new one.

The last thing I would want to see is a Port vs Sydney Grand Final. Would be the most irrelevant and boring Grand Final in history.
Hope the Hawks rip them a new one.

Would hope Swans kill them for Kochie.

If anyone is going to the game today - bring your #StandbyHird posters.

nah, haven't had my vaccinations

Off to the pub to watch the game. I will be drinking lots of cider. Why is it never our club? :frowning:

A few of us are going to the game, among us is one of the smuggest Hawthorn supporters in existence. Hence I want Port to win this one by plenty.

Nup.

Franklin V Hawthorn would be worth flying over for.

I hope Port run rings around them, and Westoff dismantles their backline taking 16 marks and 6 goals.
I want to see Hawthorn supporters streaming up the aisles with 15 minutes remaining, crying like little girls who have just lost their Barbie Doll.
Please let it happen...

A loss would be a good result for the dogs. Doubt Cyril and Sewell will play vfl tomorrow if they are out

My god, they’re not having a twilight final, are they? Urgh.

I am willing to bury my whorethorn hatred to see them beat Buddy next week, but after last night, I don't know that anyone could beat the Swans. They look terrifying.

Cmon port. ■■■■ the ■■■■ and poo

Might be 40k at the G.

Might be 40k at the G.

Thats what happens when 3/4s of Hawthorns membership base are domestic animals

CMON POWER!

Wow. This is gonna be a farkin cracker.

Come on Port.

Aside from Kosch being their president, they are possibly one of the few teams I don't despise. I'd be happy to see Gus play in a Grand Final... plus my hatred for Sydney is only slightly less than my hatred for Hawthorn, so I don't want that as a final again.

Go Little Essendon!

yep, fora ll the things i hate about Port, their ■■■■■■ song, their ■■■■■■ Koch, their ■■■■■■ ■■■■, their ■■■■■■ beards. but its the best of a bad situation. plus Monfries 

reckon theyll win

Am I the only person who thinks that Port has “over-performed” over the last 2 seasons?

I know I am probably in the minority and that some will call me “naive” or “arrogant” but I just don’t think they are a patch on the likes of Sydney or Hawthorn (arguably no one is).

I admit that Port have been a great side this season and that they have performed well and deserve their spot.

But I believe they have gotten there on the back of their elite players such as Gray, Boak, Hartlett, Wingard, Schultz, Lobbe and Wines.

And that the rest of their 22 is decidedly average in my opinion but they have just managed to get the maximum potential out them. The likes of Broadbent, Ebert, Carlile, Trengrove, Homsch, White, Cornes, O’Shea, Westoff, Pittard etc are either average or worse.

Now as I said this may very well be perceived as an arrogant or ignorant view but I honestly just think they have over performed and that they won’t be a “threat” for that much longer with the cattle they have unless they continue to add elite talent which they will either have to get lucky with in the draft or free agency/trade which I personally feel would be remote.

Guess it just goes to show that it takes a TEAM to win rather than individual players, as much as they do help.

Go Little Essendon!

haha, how much would they love hearing that... :lol: