WEG Posters

Hi Blitz,

I've just got a weg poster, my first one, 93.

I only have the poster itself but would like to frame it, however it doesn't seem to be a normal size and I can't find one at Officeworks and home shops etc.

I'm sure someone on here has framed one up before, any tips/know where to get one? The only thing I can really think of the memorabilia shop on Swan St, I think it's called Legends & Heroes.

The frame doesn't have to be stylish, I'd rather it be affordable as am on a budget.

Thanks!!

Don't know if this will help, but if you have some spare time it may.

When I have had a difficult size picture or poster I want to frame, I search for a frame in Opportunity shops.

Occasionally you can find empty frames, but most times they will have old or crappy pictures or posters in them.

Take out the old and replace it with your own.  You can also (if you want to) paint, sand back, stain etc and make it to your own taste.

I have done this quite a few times, but do you do need to have have the time, for the search. 

Also, most important, have the exact picture/poster measurements with you.

Don't know if this will help, but if you have some spare time it may.

When I have had a difficult size picture or poster I want to frame, I search for a frame in Opportunity shops.

Occasionally you can find empty frames, but most times they will have old or crappy pictures or posters in them.

Take out the old and replace it with your own.  You can also (if you want to) paint, sand back, stain etc and make it to your own taste.

I have done this quite a few times, but do you do need to have have the time, for the search. 

Also, most important, have the exact picture/poster measurements with you.

Cheers. Haven't had a chance to trawl op shops yet. My poster is in its tube busting to get out.
Surely some one on here has had a WEG poster framed up?

I bought generic frames back in the day from somewhere like “Picture A Print” at Highpoint. The only problem is that they are the right width, but the height is bigger than the posters so there are gaps at the top and bottom. They look OK though, but the newspaper has yellowed so the gaps are more obvious.

'84, '85 and ‘93 are currently sitting proudly on the walls of my old bedroom at my parents’ house, but 2000 is rolled up in a drawer at my place. Oh well, if we ever renovate and I snag a study they’ll be going up.