Weight loss

OK this may seem like a bit of a paradox in the ‘Weightloss’ thread, but I just made me a delicious batch of Fat Bombs !

Oh wow…so good

OK this may seem like a bit of a paradox in the 'Weightloss' thread, but I just made me a delicious batch of Fat Bombs !

Oh wow…so good

I actually don’t know what I’m looking at.

OK this may seem like a bit of a paradox in the 'Weightloss' thread, but I just made me a delicious batch of Fat Bombs !

Oh wow…so good

I actually don’t know what I’m looking at.

Haha, that’s fair.

Ingredients…
Coconut Oil
Butter (grass fed if you can find it)
Macadamia Nut butter
Flax Seeds (ground)
Chia Seeds
100% Cacao powder
Stevia to taste

310 calories per serving (pictured above)

Edit.
Not really cooked, just heated up gently to combine the Mac.Nut butter with the other liquid ingredients, before taking off the heat and combining the dry.
Then into muffin tins (or whatever you have), then into the freezer !

Looks like an uncooked ham burger

Looks like an uncooked ham burger

I’d eat it

Since I quit smoking a few years ago, I have improved my “batting average” above Bradman’s.
As I am not overly chuffed with where I am now at, I am going to use that to motivate myself and pledge here to post a pic of my topless self on social media (twitter) on our game day in Round 23.
This gives me plenty of time and motivation to make positive changes. I have taken a current pic for comparison which I will post at the same time.
Happy for anyone else to join me if the urge strikes them.
I will post pics here too if the consensus is in favour.

Since I quit smoking a few years ago, I have improved my "batting average" above Bradman's. As I am not overly chuffed with where I am now at, I am going to use that to motivate myself and pledge here to post a pic of my topless self on social media (twitter) on our game day in Round 23. This gives me plenty of time and motivation to make positive changes. I have taken a current pic for comparison which I have posted here Happy for anyone else to join me if the urge strikes them. I will post the second pic here too if the consensus is in favour.

Pic A. Current

You’re a brave man Mex.

1 Like
Since I quit smoking a few years ago, I have improved my "batting average" above Bradman's. As I am not overly chuffed with where I am now at, I am going to use that to motivate myself and pledge here to post a pic of my topless self on social media (twitter) on our game day in Round 23. This gives me plenty of time and motivation to make positive changes. I have taken a current pic for comparison which I have posted here Happy for anyone else to join me if the urge strikes them. I will post the second pic here too if the consensus is in favour.

Pic A. Current

You’re a brave man Mex.

I’ve gotta cut back on the fake tan by the looks of that

Pic A. Current

You’re a brave man Mex.

bugman’s hairline.

Pic A. Current

You’re a brave man Mex.

5A613C543F
So that’s why they call them “orang u tan”.

Pic A. Current

You’re a brave man Mex.

Let's just hope Mex IS a man.
Green Thickies!! (or smoothies)

Thanks BSD. I’ve been using your smoothie advice from Page 1 for a few weeks and its great. Used one of the above recipes this morning. Have added kale and wheatgrass powder to the shopping list.

I had been over-weight for many years, not obese but slowly moved up clothes sizes. I was sick early last year; had no appetite, found it hard to eat and generally despondent. My weight dropped from 94 kg to 72 kg over about 10 weeks.

Treatment worked, though I found it hard to regain my appetite for any food. So I started looking harder at food and decided to be selective and do things that were tasty. Previously I could not eat anything with much chilli or anything really spicy, so I forced myself to eat serves of Thai and Indian food the way they are meant to be eaten; small serves, with all the right accessories. I still drink too much coffee, but now it is black, and my alcohol intake is only high when I go to the footy. I cook more, which makes Mrs Fox the Third happy, although as she is gluten intolerant, I have to be creative which gives me a headache.

Anyway at over 60, my weight is stable at 78 kgs, I feel good, I am walking a lot more and starting to think about a new Wife !! The only issue is that my clothes are too big and I hate clothes shopping.

I do not advocate getting sick to change your lifestyle, but perhaps a more serious look at food and diet and smaller serving is a great start.

I had been over-weight for many years, not obese but slowly moved up clothes sizes. I was sick early last year; had no appetite, found it hard to eat and generally despondent. My weight dropped from 94 kg to 72 kg over about 10 weeks.

Treatment worked, though I found it hard to regain my appetite for any food. So I started looking harder at food and decided to be selective and do things that were tasty. Previously I could not eat anything with much chilli or anything really spicy, so I forced myself to eat serves of Thai and Indian food the way they are meant to be eaten; small serves, with all the right accessories. I still drink too much coffee, but now it is black, and my alcohol intake is only high when I go to the footy. I cook more, which makes Mrs Fox the Third happy, although as she is gluten intolerant, I have to be creative which gives me a headache.

Anyway at over 60, my weight is stable at 78 kgs, I feel good, I am walking a lot more and starting to think about a new Wife !! The only issue is that my clothes are too big and I hate clothes shopping.

I do not advocate getting sick to change your lifestyle, but perhaps a more serious look at food and diet and smaller serving is a great start.

I’m surprised you’ve kept your weight so low considering how much wedding cake you’ve eaten.

3 Likes

You don’t eat the wedding cake, you put in under your pillow to dream of the next one !!

1 Like
You don't eat the wedding cake, you put in under your pillow to dream of the next one !!

Luckily, you never let them get stale.

Pic A. Current

You’re a brave man Mex.

Let's just hope Mex IS a man.

Well after many years of pulling on my old fella it hasn’t come off so I can only assume it’s real

1 Like

I’ve always been a big fella, even when I was playing sport and relatively fit I still topped out at over 130kgs (I stand about 6’7"). Due to a back condition I stopped playing competitive sport a few years back, and combined with poor dietary habits and doing shift work my weight ballooned.

Last September after a brief trip to Sydney my wife and I made a conscious decision to be healthier. At the time I weighed over 156 kgs and felt like rubbish, so it was time for a change.

Since then I’ve managed to drop around 15kgs, and I’m wearing the same size pants as I did in my 20s. Apart from swimming more, I haven’t done a huge amount of extra excercise. The answer for us was smaller portion sizes, and making healthier choices when choosing meals/ingredients.

A few weeks back I switched to a low carb diet and it’s working well. I’ve dropped about 5kgs and I still get to eat lots of yummy stuff. I feel a lot fuller and find I’m less hungry than before. I haven’t missed bread or pasta, which is weird cos I love both. The positive thing is that it seems maintainable for me so I should be able to stick with it.

The plan is to lose another 10kgs at minimum before our holiday in October. We’re off to the States (if it hasn’t been blown to bits by Russia and/or NK first) so I need to get under 300 lbs as that is the weight limit for some stuff I’d like to do. I’m currently at approx 310, so I should get there pretty easily.

It feels good. My wife has also lost about 10-15 kgs so between us we’re feeling pretty chuffed!

11 Likes

Definitely helps when you have someone who lives with you that’s on board with what you’re doing.