Weight loss

Oh for sure, no doubt.

I know this is a cool story bro, but Iā€™m interested if anyone else has a good news story due to C19. When the zombie apocalypse was looming I was a lazy, fat bastard with terrible eating habits- mainly evening snacking and huge amounts of sugar and carbs. I took the opportunity to kick off a complete lifestyle change. Eating only between noon-6pm, no snacks and eating what I call healthy (lots of vegetables, no processed rubbish and no grog). Iā€™m also walking 100k steps per week. Iā€™ve stripped off 13kg and because Mrs TD bought in early sheā€™s lost nearly 10.

14 Likes

Congrats to the fourdogs.

4 Likes

Ive also changed my food intakeā€¦Ubereats and bottles of wine ā€¦probs put on 10 kg

6 Likes

I would love to show you guys my before and after photos, only before I was super ripped and after Iā€™m a fat bastard!

2 Likes

Youā€™re a textbook example: you just need to swap the captions on the photos.

1 Like

Iā€™m going quite well in that regard, never weigh myself but have lost a few cms around the guts. No work anymore but spending 3 hours a day on the bike, skateboard or walking. On target to reach my ideal weight within a month. Could probably do it in a fortnight if I wasnā€™t such a pisshead.

4 Likes

One thing I did was to eat less off a bread and butter plate. Graze rather than eat full meals.
Morning fruit, lunch main meal, dinner salad or veggies. In-between eat mixed nuts. Drink plenty of water, cut out sweet stuff and sugar, lessen the carbs. Try it, it worked or me with little exercise. I can exercise more now.

I havenā€™t lost any weight since being home more but also havenā€™t gained any. Iā€™m quite happy about that right now, as I try and stop being lazy and go for walks twice daily.

3 Likes

If you never weigh yourself, how can you have an ideal weight, and how do you know when you have achieved it?

1 Like

Went and had a haircut this morning, strange they can still work as there is no chance of social distancing. Any Roxy who owns the place had a gastric band put in place last October and has lost 61 kgs. She reckon she has 13 kg to go. She was large but I am amazed that she is has lost so much. The lady who cuts my hair is petite and weighs 46 kgs!!

Gastric banding is very effective and people with T2D respond quickly too.

When I donā€™t have a noticeable gut.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve given up on that. Settled on offensive gut. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Also known as, . canā€™t see to pee gut. :wink:

Iā€™ve managed to maintain the 16:8 eating approach and the 100k steps per week. Dropped just on 20kgs in under three months. The biggest challenge has been sticking to the no snacking/no sugars rule. But the whole thing is considered a ā€˜lifestyleā€™ as opposed to a ā€˜dietā€™ apparently. Whatever, itā€™s working thus far.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a really great effort. And youā€™re right, itā€™s the maintenance thatā€™s the hard part.

Are you still trying to lose more, or happy where you are?

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m going to play it by ear. I think I may have 3-5kg left to lose but Iā€™m not getting too fanatical about it. I actually enjoy the healthier meals and donā€™t miss the junk I ate on a daily basis. Takes some getting used to but once youā€™re on an even keel you donā€™t even think about it.

4 Likes

Well done OneDog

5 Likes

Join Hambo on a Bike ride or 6 and that will be gone in no time. :wink:

Good work mate.

1 Like