Weight loss

Weekly weight update
Was: 80.9kg
Current: 83.7kg

A gain which was expected considering the options at camp
Lots of carbs with white bread/rolls. Only full cream milk or almond for lactose intolerant.

Time to get back to the program and drop it all.

2 Likes

An increase in Carbs would result in your body retaining more water, therefore a fair whack of that 2.8 increase on the scales would be water retention, not Fat.

Also, if i remember correctly, you have been aiming for 1500 calories per day to achieve weight loss.
My personal opinion is that is too low for a male.
This short period of over consuming may provide some benefits in terms of firing up your metabolism.
Clearly, some of the food choices were less than optimal, but its certainly no disaster.

1 Like

I reckon. Went to my health coach for weekly weigh in. She was shocked that the food options available for kids and adults on school camp:

• only full cream milk
  • Starchy vegies or salad
  • potato thats just loaded with cheese and cream
  • white bread or pastry only options.

I explained that they do go cheapest and easiest options for food and prep on these things. Shouldnt only take a week or two to drop it I reckon.

Also havenā€™t had as regular bowel movements so thatā€™s impacted the weight retention.

1 Like

Iā€™m on 1400 calorie deficit which is the lowest you should go before things like bone density and menstrual cycle issues kick in. My normal range is 1600.

1500 is low if youā€™re exercising too.

@SillyBilly a lot of that weight will be water retention too.

I just want to get down to 75kg before I can go a maintain type of program.

How tall are you??

Has anyone tried weekly carb cycling ie changing the amount of carbs eaten from very low to moderate to high ?

I suppose when youā€™re getting down to 1400-1500 calories, you really need to make your food choices count in order to satisfy micro nutrient needs.
Then there is the highly under rated issue of Protein.
Is there an optimum level you are not reaching, because the highest quality sources (eggs, red meat, oily fish) also come with a hit of Fat ?

A while back, i realised i was only consuming approx 100g of Protein a day (and sometimes less).
I decided to double that number and feel much stronger at work (semi physical labour).

One thing Iā€™ve substituted, especially now that the weather is getting really niceā€¦. Is drinking zero sugar, non-alcoholic ginger beer when I knock off from work, rather than an actual beer.

I still have 1 big night on the p*ss each week, but itā€™s been helpful to have something that feels like a beerā€¦ but isnā€™t.

i donā€™t rate the non sugar ginger beer at all.
i would rather have smaller size can of the good stuff ā€œbundabergā€

I find them too sweet.

My palate is way too sensitive to sugar, since giving it up.

1 Like

Iā€™m hitting around 147-155g of protein with Turkey mince, fish and chicken and not going over fat levels.
I wouldnā€™t ordinarily use Protein powder but Singapore doesnā€™t have a lot of fresh protein options so i have protein powder in a smoothie.

170cm

1 Like

Sounds like a good range.

Pre weigh in 83.7kg
Current weigh in: 79.8kg

:boom:

9 Likes

Health update. Went to play everyoneā€™s it with kids at school. Hadnā€™t ran since uni days when I was in the 90s. Felt fitter.

Downside: almost did my hammy and was gassed after 5min.

Upside: torched my grade 6ā€™s who thought they could outrun me

4 Likes

Should also add that I am down from a XXL shirt to a L

Size 40 pants to a 34.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s where it really matters.

My weight loss coach said my first milestone of 80kg is great and asked if I wanted to relax the program slightly.

She also said based off my 0.5-1kg a week loss (and 3kg just this week) there is no real reason to change it up. I said letā€™s keep it up.

Goal is now 70kg

So still fasting between 6pm - 7am.

250ml of Coke no sugar each day only (if I want)

Cup of cereal a day with 1/2 of skim milk

1 small coffee with a splash of skim milk

Small lunch and dinner (no starchy vegies)

1 piece of fruit.

1 Like

Well Iā€™ve lost 4kg in a week but itā€™s not sustainable.
As soon as my mouth heels from getting 4 impacted wisdom teeth out, Iā€™m going to tuck into the biggest Parma I can find.

3 Likes