Weight loss

On weight loss am 5-6kg down overall, walking approx 10 000 steps per day and still on lite and easy. And have plateaued. The addition of the 10 000 steps about a week ago seemed to speed things along.

Any tips on breaking this plateau?

it may not be able to fix, but it may give couples a better guidance about asking and or finding the right path to head along to find the best answer.

my original thought when i say your post was geez imagine if it was you or a male who turned around and said that to a female, you’d be labelled everything under the sun.

yet i’m guessing you’re probably not getting alot of sympathy from many on it being directed at you.

Make sure you plug blitz, and how it’s contributed to your success.

1 Like

Are you counting your kilojoules?

Only in so far as lite and easy meal plan all meals. Really aside from this is a few glat white coffees per day.

Increase your step count to 15k

1 Like

Cut out the milk in the coffee and increase steps as per @Darli

Performance and weight loss is not linear. Weight and performance can be impacted by stress, sleep etc.

1 Like

I got over Lite n Easy… 11 minutes to microwave a dinner that is soggy and rubbish.

Fruit is either Kiwi or oranges/apples.

I have been doing between 6k-12k steps a day.

Thanks for the tips.

And I hear you on the microwaving;. After week 1 I made the call to only get options from them that are not frozen.

Cook fresh. Lots of lean protein, minimise carbs and fats. Then you know exactly what you’re eating.

1 Like

So much this, especially the last bit. Once you’re confident in the nutrition content of what you eat it’s easy to swap things in and out as required. For example, I enjoy a couple of G&Ts on a Friday after work, so I keep the rest of the days nutrition to protein and veg/salads. Of course it’s not always practical but after a while it just comes naturally.

1 Like

I calorie count and weigh and record everything on myfitnessspal app. After two weeks it became second nature, 1400 calories (155g protein, 39g fat, 105g carbs). I swap in and out protein, carbs, fats usually olive oil or coconut oil.

I’m in deficit, almost at goal weight which will move my calorie intake to about 1600 for maintenance.

I train hard and a session is really equal to a meal, I would encourage people to do a calorie count for a week just to see how much you’re actually eating. I certainly overestimated how many calories I loss in a workout.

2 Likes

Perfect. It’s totally the difference between ‘a diet’ and your diet, and, wonder of wonders, it’s totally sustainable.

1 Like

Love this thread. As with most people, the rest of the month is going to involve some feasting, so I’ve made as much food prep for this week for clean eating when I’m not out and about eating and drinking. Meatballs made in the air fryer.

9 Likes

The good thing about myfitnesspal or something similar, is that it really opens your eyes as to the caloric intake of certain foods. Same with a variety of exercises.
It definitely keeps you on track. Even if you go off the app for a while, which I often do, (laziness), you soon get to know what you are putting in, and taking out, without recording it.

2 Likes

I really like that high Protein intake as compared to your overall.
Im guessing youve achieved a satiety sweet spot, whereby any poor food temptations are easily avoided.

In Australia it was much easier because things like Turkey mince and sea bass, lean pork mince is easy to find. But it’s been a struggle to hit my protein targets (give or take 5g) in Singapore. My options are so limited that I have to use protein supplements. Not ideal.

Asa diplomat it’s been really gard to not gain weight because I’m always out at events so I speak to my trainer about the week ahead a strategise meetings my targets based on what events I’ve got. So we take a weekly view.

I’m training hard so that is helping. When I get home and have more control on what I eat, it will be easier to manage.

Everyone here at Post in Singapore is putting on weight but I’m determined to buck the trend!

2 Likes

That is super healthy eating, and I bet it tastes damn good as well.

1 Like

Do you mean “not ideal” because you prefer to obtain from real whole foods ?

Not sure what you have available in terms of Protein powders in Singapore, though higher quality, cleaner options are becoming more available than ever before.

I use this stuff which is very affordable.
No fillers, sweetners, thickeners etc…, and from Pasture Raised Cattle.
Mixes in with yoghurt or cottage/ricotta cheese beautifully for a substantial Protein kick.

1 Like

1000 calories only?

Wow :flushed: