Weight loss

I'd suggest trying to stick with food that will be filling and not cause snack cravings. I've found having a good breakfast stops the snacking between breakfast and lunch.

Get into a bowl of oats every morn. Low GI, heaps of energy & keep you sated for ages.

I’m an ‘on the go’ breakfast kind of guy so sit down breakfasts don’t go well.
I usually have an Up And Go drink with a few muesli bars and that keeps me from snacking.

I lost 20 kgs in the last year, and feel much better for it.

Would like to say that it is due to exercise, but I am too busy and too lazy to do that , so I completely changed my eating and drinking habits.

Fresh fruit for breakfast, mostly bananas and mango, sometimes in a drink with honey and low fat milk.

No lunch, no snacks

Chicken or fish for dinner with small salad. Low fat yoghurt

Drink only water, some herbal tea. No coffee, no sugar, no beer, no soft drink.

At 5’6", you should weigh under 75 kg.

I don’t miss food at all, and even when I go out for dinner follow the same rules. The good news is I saved a shitload of money, but the bad news is that not many clothes fit. My new jeans are 32 " down from 38".

You can do it billy, it is all about what you eat. And drink.

A lot of what you listed isn’t necessarily too bad (although you can put a line through all of morning team and the too regular take out) in smaller portions.

I’m a similar height and wanted to drop a few kilos recently (getting into the high 80 kegs which is the heaviest I’ve ever been). Just making the effort to walk, instead of taking the lift, driving short distances or actually talking to people face to face made a big difference.

I also found having healthy snacks available for when you are peckish (like plain cashews or dried cranberries etc) helped me. So much so that I’ve stuck with pretty much all the changes permanently and it makes it easier to feel less guilty when I do pig out on junk food.

Good luck with it all.

I stopped smoking about 18 months ago, and promptly put on 10 kgs, from 78kg. The combined struggle of cravings and weightloss has still got the better of me - I haven’t had even a drag from a ciggie though. I think I’d rather still smoke than be my current weight.

I'd suggest trying to stick with food that will be filling and not cause snack cravings. I've found having a good breakfast stops the snacking between breakfast and lunch.

Get into a bowl of oats every morn. Low GI, heaps of energy & keep you sated for ages.

I usually have an Up And Go drink with a few muesli bars and that keeps me from snacking.

Pre-made oat shakes
There’s typically a lot of crap in both Up N Go’s and muesli bars

I lost 20 kgs in the last year, and feel much better for it.

Would like to say that it is due to exercise, but I am too busy and too lazy to do that , so I completely changed my eating and drinking habits.

Fresh fruit for breakfast, mostly bananas and mango, sometimes in a drink with honey and low fat milk.

No lunch, no snacks

Chicken or fish for dinner with small salad. Low fat yoghurt

Drink only water, some herbal tea. No coffee, no sugar, no beer, no soft drink.

At 5’6", you should weigh under 75 kg.

I don’t miss food at all, and even when I go out for dinner follow the same rules. The good news is I saved a shitload of money, but the bad news is that not many clothes fit. My new jeans are 32 " down from 38".

You can do it billy, it is all about what you eat. And drink.

My goal is to hit 70kg.

I use to be 60-70kg’s when I played Rugby and was athletic… then adult life hit (working) and I worked at Maccas for 2 years full-time before I went into teaching… Free lunch everyday at Maccas is not a good choice and before you know it I stacked on the weight. Lost a bit before the wedding and but that only got me to 80kgs and I slowly stacked it back on.

The diet program has a maintain section once I hit my goal weight, but at the moment I notice my face isn’t as fat as it use to be… just have to move it from my stubborn waist line.

I think you should embrace the fatness. Love it and it will love you back.

Have lost 2 kilos since the Christmas feastathon.

When you consider I work a lot of night shift these days, I’m pretty happy - would love to lose another 10 kilos though!

Good thread.

Whatever method/s are employed to lose weight, there is an aspect often overlooked or glossed over…ACCOUNTABILITY

If one knows that they are answerable to a spouse, a support group, a PT, an online forum (whatever), the likelihood of consuming that extra cheat meal, of skipping that morning bike ride coz it’s cold, of substituting those sets of gruelling Deads & Squats for sh*tty isolation exercises, is far less likely.

This thread should be used by anyone wanting to lose weight, or maintain a weight after having lost the weight (as some have done above).
I propose that anyone interested, post your stats once a week (weight only is fine), quoting your previous stat each time so that a pattern is easily identifiable by others on the forum.
Let’s keep each other honest !

I’ll definitely join in as I have a chunk of body fat I’d like to lose.
SillyBilly, your thread buddy, what do you think ?

Okey doke. So Oat smoothie it is then.

Try 1 banana (or half) 1 egg, 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups milk, + half a cup of oats in a blender.

Add milo, or honey, or strawberrys instead. You can even throw in yoghurt.

Here’s some other ideas. You’ll never get bored.

I guarantee, anyone who does this for just a week, won’t just change their waistline… it will truly change your life.

There are some good tips mentioned already.

Some of the latest medical research on sustainable weight loss suggests to go onto the reduced kJ diet for a month or so, then go back to a diet with the correct number of kJ to maintain the weight you have reached. After a couple of weeks, go onto the reduced kJ diet again. Repeat until you reach the desired weight.

The idea is that the body defends a set weight point. It’s hard to lose the first couple of kilos because of this. Then after you have this loss, a mechanism that evolved to protect against famine kicks in. So that’s why you go back to the normal diet at this point, get the body to learn the new set point, then go back to the losing weight phase.

Very clever. This was worked out by an Australian researcher. She has written a book about it - I can find its title if you are interested.

Imo a month is too short of a reset point
On average it takes me 6-10 months at a new weight before it becomes the normal and is easy to maintain

All I’m getting out of this is that there are a lot of short blokes around these parts.

Who’s short, apart from SillyBilly ?

You are talking about height, are you not ?

Who's short, apart from SillyBilly ?

Back off on the short stuff lol.

Put on about 3-4 kilos in a month after moving back to Vic. So much great food and drink!

I’ll start tomorrow…

Okey doke. So Oat smoothie it is then.

Try 1 banana (or half) 1 egg, 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups milk, + half a cup of oats in a blender.

Add milo, or honey, or strawberrys instead. You can even throw in yoghurt.

Here’s some other ideas. You’ll never get bored.

I guarantee, anyone who does this for just a week, won’t just change their waistline… it will truly change your life.

You've convinced me. I'll give it a go starting tomorrow.

Am going to have to stock up on eggs and milk.
Don’t usually have them in my diet.

All I'm getting out of this is that there are a lot of short blokes around these parts.

I’m freakin’ tall as!

Decidedly average.