Weight loss

Decidedly average.

I am officially average

Iā€™m 106 kg and 5"10. Technically Iā€™m obese according to some chart but Iā€™m not really fat apart from a bit of a middle aged spread. I run but I donā€™t eat perfectly.
Donā€™t really know what my point is but there you go.

You have heavy stomach bones.

6 years ago i was 5ā€™8 and pushing 115kgs. Fitness was for the tip. I did the Tim Ferris diet (4hour body book) which is basically a no/low carb, high protein diet along with a cheat day once a week. I also joined a gym an semi regular went, maybe twice a week on average. Lost nearly 35kgs just over a year and maintained.

Had a kid almost two years ago and you guess itā€¦fat as ā– ā– ā– . I havenā€™t got back to what i was but my fitness level is back to ratsh!t and iā€™m now in the mid 90ā€™sā€¦

Tip for weightloss. DONā€™T HAVE KIDS!

I was able to lose about 15kg in about 8 months on lite and easy. Its great for controlling your portion sizes(which is my biggest problem). Im on the 1800 calories a day plan, has worked wonders for me. The first week was brutal, but after that it starts getting easier and easier.

If you can mix in exercise as well you will shed the weight in no time.

Losing weight is tough, but Iā€™m sure you can do it mate.

Not to mention the way they sort you out when you plateau with a nice dose of Salmonella to kick start the weight loss again. !!

6 years ago i was 5'8 and pushing 115kgs. Fitness was for the tip. I did the Tim Ferris diet (4hour body book) which is basically a no/low carb, high protein diet along with a cheat day once a week. I also joined a gym an semi regular went, maybe twice a week on average. Lost nearly 35kgs just over a year and maintained.

Had a kid almost two years ago and you guess itā€¦fat as ā– ā– ā– . I havenā€™t got back to what i was but my fitness level is back to ratsh!t and iā€™m now in the mid 90ā€™sā€¦

Pretty sure the dad bod is back in for us champā€¦

I did the Michelle Bridges 12 WBT and lost 7kgs. Finished that in November and have kept the weight off. Not leaner than when i had my kids.

The recipes are delicious and easy to remake. Thete is an exercise option for everyone too.

All I'm getting out of this is that there are a lot of short blokes around these parts.

Iā€™m freakinā€™ tall as!

Shut up weirdo.

Added sugar in foods are a problem. Weā€™re told to eat a low fat diet but when the you remove the fat, you also remove the taste and sugar has been the go-to ingredient to fill the void. For example, those of you who enjoy an iced coffee from your local servo, some contain as much as 60g of sugar in a 750ml serve. 60g. They proudly announce their product is low fat so youā€™ll feel better about yourself but they keep the sugar content as inconspicuous as possible. And the coffee pedlers arenā€™t alone. Weā€™ve been told to eat low fat since the early 80ā€™s but diabetes and overweight are a bigger problem than ever.

This thread needs more Megz.

Nope. Itā€™ll just make me angry :slight_smile:

It's not rocket science. Get some exercise. More calories (sorry, I'm a dinosaur) in than out. Be patient.

Yepā€¦ I was amazed at what the sort of things I was consuming before the shakes and mealsā€¦

Breakfast:
Bowl of cereal or milk drink

Morning tea at work:
Kid size pack of chips
Fruit drink
Museli bar
Chocolate bar

lunch
Sandwich or le snack (yes quick and easy)

Dinner
Big bowl of soaghetti or big portionof meat
Chips or vegies in cheese sauceā€¦

We would often have takeout like large maccas meals etc

Now Im on bout 2000 calories a day to try and lose the weight. Doc said I can cheat meals every now and again but try to limit them (e.g Chinese New year or occasions such as Birthdays) as you canā€™t cut them out entirely and so far ive felt betterā€¦ ive had bout 3 cheat meals in 3 weeks but still losing the weight (last night I had roast roll and chips and still lost 100g)

Iā€™m no expert but this kind of guideline can be really really effective and may be hard to stick to initially, but you just have to try and make it a habit through discipline.

Best advice I ever heard

ā€œGood bodies are made in the kitchen not the gymā€

Best advice Iā€™ve been given is ā€œdonā€™t talk about other peopleā€™s wives or money and youā€™ll avoid most of lifeā€™s problems.ā€ David Beasley, Simon Beasleyā€™s old man told me that. He was one dapper motherf*cker.

Best advice I ever heard

ā€œGood bodies are made in the kitchen not the gymā€

Or sometimes theyā€™re made in the secret genetic engineering laboratory in the basement.

But Iā€™ve said too much.

Eggs for breakfast, no bread. No snacks. If you absolutely have to anything pickled is a good option. Donā€™t buy anything that comes out of a box (except for oats) or packet (except for frozen fruit/veg if necessary) or plastic bottle (except for milk). In fact, avoid supermarkets all together. Go out for dinner/get take away rarely.

Making a food white list can be easier that making a blacklist like Iā€™ve sort of done. Whole foods in reasonable portions. Try to keep the flour and cereal based stuff to a minimum.

That oat smoothie looks good!

Iā€™ll share this on the off chance it helps. But also because I feel like reminding myself how well Iā€™ve done so far.

Between July and December 2015, I dropped from 115kg to 95kg. Pant size from 40 down to 36. Iā€™m still hovering around 95kg at the moment, but plan on getting to 82-85kg by June/July.

Iā€™m not saying you should do exactly what I did - because everyoneā€™s different, but hereā€™s how I did it:

No more than 1200 -1500 calories per day. Basically, I ate a lot of chicken breast, and fruit/veg. Green vegies are the best. Red meat - maybe once per week, and only on nights I do weights. No pasta, no more than 2 slices of bread per day. No chocolate/soft drink and reduced beer intake to one stubby on a Thursday, 2 on a Friday and Satuday night. (Good for the hip pocket too.)

Workout: 5 nights per week. Nothing on Tuesday or Friday.

Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
Warmup: 1km run, as fast as I can - depending on how the legs feel.
3 x 15 bicep curl
3 x 15 tricep pull down
3 x 15 pec fly
20 minutes treadmill - incline walking on random setting.
3 x 15 lunges
3 x 15 leg press
3 x15 leg curl
3 x 12 sit ups
Cool down - 5 minutes walk.
Stretch

Thursday, Sunday
Warm Up: 1 km run as above
40 minutes high intensity interval cardio
Cool down - 5 minutes walk
Stretch

Remember: You canā€™t out-train a bad diet.

I think the main thing everyone needs to remember is that what works for your wonā€™t work for others.

6 years ago i was 5'8 and pushing 115kgs. Fitness was for the tip. I did the Tim Ferris diet (4hour body book) which is basically a no/low carb, high protein diet along with a cheat day once a week. I also joined a gym an semi regular went, maybe twice a week on average. Lost nearly 35kgs just over a year and maintained.

Your kid is very fat? Is that what youā€™re saying?