Weight loss

Best advice I ever heard

“Good bodies are made in the kitchen not the gym”

But the best bods should be made out with in the bedroom.

Frankly, you’re gonna get a lot of advice in this thread, when what really needs to be said is ‘good job’.

What you’re doing is obviously working for you, so I’d say keep doing it.

It does sound like your current diet is a short term medically prescribed thing thouh, and eventually you’re going to have to go back to regular food. Again, you’ll get lots of very detailed advice on how to do that. I won’t add to it, I’m no nutritionist. All I will say is to choose a regime, both diet and exercise, that you can sustain. Extreme diets with complete block on entire food types etc - they work for really dedicated fitness people, but that’s not everyone. They can be dreary and boring and painful and unless you’re supremely motivated or fitness is a major focus of your entire life you’ll eventually have a downer couple of weeks at work or in your personal life or something and fall off the wagon.

Consider taking it slow. Obviously you’ve got medical reasons to lose a lot fast now and that’ll give you a nice start, but when you get back to a non-medical diet, don’t deprive yourself. Eat sensibly rather than thinking a psycho grilled-chicken-breast-and-salad diet is your only way to salvation, and don’t beat yourself up for to grabbing a pizza every so often (it’s NOT ‘cheat’ food, it’s tasty stuff that’s perfectly ok to have once in a while)

It’s very easy to reduce the calorie content of most modern people’s diets just with a bit of research into healthy eating. It’s very easy to be a bit more active and burn more energy. The hard part about weight loss is keeping it off in the long term. To do that, you have to design your long-term lifestyle to suit, and that means being realistic about yourself. If you hate your life without pizza, you’re simply not going to stick to a pizza-less diet. A slower improvement that stays is much better than a crash diet that has massive visible effects in the short term, but which you won’t stay on. The long term is what matters. Keep it in mind. Focus on changing your habits and your routine in a sustainable positive way. If it takes a couple of years to get to where you want to be, that’s ok.

Energy out exceeding energy in is universally accepted. But the best source of energy in is up for debate. Personally feel the less simple carbohydrates and processed foods consumed, the better.

Best advice I ever heard

“Good bodies are made in the kitchen not the gym”

One of my faves is “you can’t out train a bad diet”

I like ‘a stitch in time, saves nine’.
Kilos.

Get into a routine.

I can’t maintain healthy eating without being in a strict routine. It’s way too easy to eat junk when you’re not prepared (and because, lets face it, it tastes way better).

Working at home vs working in an office is big for me when it comes to eating. Without a full kitchen and fridge at my disposal I’m forced to eat whatever I prepare in advance, and if I’m putting some time/thought into what I eat I’ll actually force myself to eat healthy.

Of course, semi-frozen chicken and some lame as vegetables for lunch is SUPER boring but it’s way healthier than toasted cheese sandwiches with double cheese…

Oh and as much as eating may be more important than exercise, exercise is awesome. I ride my bike like crazy so that I can still pig out on the regs.

But then I have the metabolism of a teenager and the build of a meth addict so I’m not the best to give advice.

6 years ago i was 5'8 and pushing 115kgs. Fitness was for the tip. I did the Tim Ferris diet (4hour body book) which is basically a no/low carb, high protein diet along with a cheat day once a week. I also joined a gym an semi regular went, maybe twice a week on average. Lost nearly 35kgs just over a year and maintained.

Had a kid almost two years ago and you guess it…fat as ■■■. I haven’t got back to what i was but my fitness level is back to ratsh!t and i’m now in the mid 90’s…

Tip for weightloss. DON’T HAVE KIDS!

Your kid is very fat? Is that what you’re saying?

Try 1 banana (or half) 1 egg, 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups milk, + half a cup of oats in a blender.

Add milo, or honey, or strawberrys instead. You can even throw in yoghurt.

Tried to first half but screwed it up as I realised the cup measurement tool was wrong.
Definitely filling.
Will have to try again tomorrow morn.

Lol. You couldn’t measure out a cup?

Yep, giving that recipe a whirl tomorrow morning. Going to add frozen blueberries to it.

Just another example of how Blitz can change your life :wink:

Lol. You couldn't measure out a cup?

Yeah. My measuring cup was old so the text was worn off. Didn’t realise until washing it after blending that the measurements were screwed.

You need more hernias silly,if you choose to eat hospital food you deserve to be fat.

Yeah. My measuring cup was old so the text was worn off. Didn’t realise until washing it after blending that the measurements were screwed.

You know you can just use …a cup…right?
It’s not a souffle…

It’s not a souffle…

No you can’t.
If you are serious about your diet it must be accurate.

Put down the fork! Psyche!

(P.S. I’m trying to lose around 7 to 8 kgs. Last year when I started to monitor portion sizes and I dropped around 5 kg. I felt so good about my progress that I stopped caring about my portion sizes. Here I am where I started.)

It’s not a souffle…

No you can’t.

Yup, one you reach a certain level of seriousness you measure everything down to the amount of tomato sauce you put on your scrambled eggs lol

It’s not a souffle…

No you can’t.

You didn’t read the ‘recipe’, did you?

Try 1 banana (or half) 1 egg, 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups milk, + half a cup of oats in a blender.

Tried to first half but screwed it up as I realised the cup measurement tool was wrong.
Definitely filling.
Will have to try again tomorrow morn.

I'd suggest trying to stick with food that will be filling and not cause snack cravings. I've found having a good breakfast stops the snacking between breakfast and lunch.

Get into a bowl of oats every morn. Low GI, heaps of energy & keep you sated for ages.

I’m an ‘on the go’ breakfast kind of guy so sit down breakfasts don’t go well.
I usually have an Up And Go drink with a few muesli bars and that keeps me from snacking.

Okey doke. So Oat smoothie it is then.

Here’s some other ideas. You’ll never get bored.

I guarantee, anyone who does this for just a week, won’t just change their waistline… it will truly change your life.

can we just confirm the recipe, is it
1/2-1 Banana (thought these were high in sugar)
1 egg (egg and white?)
1-1 1/2 milk (assuming full cream is allowed)
ill probably just add some frozen berries

whats the rest of the meals for the day?

I'd suggest trying to stick with food that will be filling and not cause snack cravings. I've found having a good breakfast stops the snacking between breakfast and lunch.

Get into a bowl of oats every morn. Low GI, heaps of energy & keep you sated for ages.

I usually have an Up And Go drink with a few muesli bars and that keeps me from snacking.

I guarantee, anyone who does this for just a week, won’t just change their waistline… it will truly change your life.

1 egg (egg and white?)

You want fruit bananas, not the little lollies

1 egg (egg and white?)

You want fruit bananas, not the little lollies

Fruit bananas you say, eh?