Weird News Tidbits

He must have had a low threshold for hitting the red line.

It's a trap for young players.

Woman undergoes surgery to add third breast

A US massage therapist has gone to extreme lengths to become a reality TV star, undergoing surgery to add a third breast to her chest.

The Florida woman, who goes by the name Jasmine Tridevil, said she spent $20,000 on the procedure a few months ago after finally finding a doctor willing to perform the operation.

“I called 50 doctors,” Tridevil told Real Radio 104.1.

“It was really hard finding someone that would do it too because they‘re breaking the code of ethics.”

Tridevil‘s third breast was constructed in the middle of her chest with a silicone implant and skin tissue cut from her abdomen.

The surgeon was not able to make an artificial areola, so Tridevil had one tattooed on.

Tridevil, whose dream is to have her own MTV reality show, said her parents did not take the news of her third breast well.

“My mum ran out the door. She won‘t talk to me. She won‘t let my sister talk to me. My dad…he really isn‘t happy. He is kind of ashamed of me but he accepted it,” she said.

As well as hoping for fame and fortune, Tridevil said there was another major reason she had the surgery.

“I got it because I wanted to make myself unattractive to men. Because I don‘t want to date anymore,” she said.

“Most guys would think [the extra breast is] weird and gross. But I can still feel pretty because if I wore makeup and cute clothes, I can still, you know... feel pretty.”

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/09/22/10/43/woman-undergoes-surgery-to-add-third-breast

Bullsheet'o'meter is red lining here.

I'm always trying to talk my Mrs into getting a 3rd breast, just between her shoulder blades.

I'm always trying to talk my Mrs into getting a 3rd breast, just between her shoulder blades.

Now the weirdness meter is red lining.  :blink:

Sad news:

Dismembered Japanese girl, 6, found in plastic bags

• 5 hours ago September 24, 2014 4:05PM
337525-91cfb960-43b0-11e4-9c2a-d902669b7

Sad fate ... Mirei Ikuta, who went missing in the western Japan city of Kobe on September 11. Source: Supplied

THE dismembered body of a six-year-old Japanese girl has been found in several plastic bags near her home.

DNA tests confirmed the body parts were those of Mirei Ikuta, who went missing in the western Japan city of Kobe on September 11, local police said.

There were five smaller bags, containing the victim‘s head, the upper torso with arms, and the legs. A police spokesman said some body parts had yet to be found.

Clothes and sandals believed to belong to the girl were also found at the site, he added.

The wooded area where the girl‘s remains were found is only 150m from where she lived. Tragically, police said they searched the area early last week.

Officers today arrested a 47-year-old man who also lives in the neighbourhood.

According to Japan Today, Ikuta left school around 2.45pm on September 11. She dropped in to see her grandmother who lives near the school and left her school bag there. She then went home.

337602-a7ecf5a0-43b0-11e4-9c2a-d902669b7

Missing ... A missing poster for Mirei Ikuta. Source: Supplied

Street surveillance camera footage showed Mirei walking past a shop 400m from her home at 3:15pm.

After returning home, she then went out again, but her mother told police she had no idea why. She was last seen walking by an athletics ground of a high school about 5.30pm.

Japan has one of the world‘s lowest crime rates and violent crime is relatively rare. It is not uncommon for children as young as six to walk home alone from school, even in big cities.

An intensive search was launched after Mirei failed to return home two weeks ago, but there were no leads until a number of foul-smelling plastic bags were uncovered in a bush just 100m from the girl‘s house on Tuesday.

http://www.news.com.au/world/dismembered-japanese-girl-6-found-in-plastic-bags/story-fndir2ev-1227069336856

That’s at least the third dismembering I’ve read about in Japan this year. They certainly do breed there own type of nut jobs over there.

People seem all cut up about it.

Don't go to pieces over it.

In other news that should surprise nobody, the three boob story was a fake...

Whatever happened to swine flu?

It actually went through the HS building on Southbank.

So they knew exactly how deadly it wasn't.

Didn't stop them writing stories saying the opposite though.

Friends of ours just had it go through their family - they have 2 year old twins and one copped it. Then the dad copped it. Both hospitalised. The dad was coughing up blood apparently.

i prefer the term posthetic

But what about her TV show where she was going to show us the procedure? Now what I have I got to look forward to? Selfish tart.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/apology-for-incorrect-photograph-20140925-10lsrf.html

One of the photographs run on this website, tablet and Fairfax papers in relation to the death of Numan Haider was published in error. The young man in a suit was not  Mr Haider, and we unreservedly apologise to him for the error.

The young man has no connection whatsoever with any extremist or terrorist group and we deeply regret any such inference arising from  the publication of the photograph. The picture has been withdrawn from circulation.

I did get a laugh from the final sentence. Once it's on the net, it is never withdrawn from circulation.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/apology-for-incorrect-photograph-20140925-10lsrf.html

One of the photographs run on this website, tablet and Fairfax papers in relation to the death of Numan Haider was published in error. The young man in a suit was not  Mr Haider, and we unreservedly apologise to him for the error.

The young man has no connection whatsoever with any extremist or terrorist group and we deeply regret any such inference arising from  the publication of the photograph. The picture has been withdrawn from circulation.

I did get a laugh from the final sentence. Once it's on the net, it is never withdrawn from circulation.

It doesn't matter if you are wrong, as long as you are first.

Old news, but perhaps an answer to our military issues...

“If we had a military division with the bullet-carrying capacity of these birds it would face any army in the world… They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks. They are like Zulus whom even dum-dum bullets could not stop.” – The Sun Herald, 5 July 1953.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/running-ponies/2014/08/04/the-great-emu-war-in-which-some-large-flightless-birds-unwittingly-foiled-the-Australian-army/

Get ISIS onto the Age.

We're going to Japan in late December.

You have to be kidding me?!  10 month old?  Some people are simply very sick.

Mervyn Bell guilty of murder and sexual assault of 10-month-old baby in Western Australia's north

Updated

26 Sep 2014, 12:56pmFri 26 Sep 2014, 12:56pm

A 27-year-old man has been found guilty of sexually assaulting and murdering a 10-month-old baby in Western Australia's north.

The Supreme Court in Perth was told Mervyn Bell took the child from Broome and was alone with him for 15 hours before rushing his lifeless body into a roadhouse near Karratha, about 1,000 kilometres away.

The child had injuries from his head to his feet, including broken bones, burns and severe abrasions, the court was told.

Justice John McKechnie told Bell he would be jailed for life when he is sentenced in December.

Justice McKechnie said it was "one of the more evil crimes that I have encountered".

He rejected Bell's evidence that some of the injuries were caused by the child falling out of a car or being placed on hot rocks.

Although the judge was not satisfied that Bell intended to kill the baby, he was satisfied he intended to injure the child "in such a way as to threaten his life".

Bell had shown "callous disregard" for the child's health and safety by failing to take him to hospital, he said.

Justice McKechnie said Bell's motive had been to cause suffering to the child's mother.

He ordered psychological and psychiatric reports to be prepared on Bell ahead of his sentencing.

Guilty man told court he would never have harmed the child

Bell maintained his innocence throughout the trial saying the boy suffered the injuries in a series of accidents, including when he fell from a moving car and was put on hot rocks by a river.

He told the court: "At no point in time did I have any intention of harming the child".

"I never would have harmed that child."

Bell said he took the child from his home in Broome because he wanted to take him to his father's family near Geraldton.

But he said as he drove through a roundabout he hit a kerb and "the front passenger side door opened and [the child] fell out".

Bell said he stopped and picked the boy up.

Mr Bell said he saw the child had "a little bit of grazing and bruising around his head, but I never really inspected him ... I just tried to comfort him".

Bell told the court he did not take the boy to hospital because he "didn't think he was that bad".

He continued to drive.

4853768-3x2-340x227.jpg Photo: The Fortescue River Roadhouse where Bell took the child and sought help. (By Kathryn Diss)

"I was heading to Perth, I was going to drop [the child] off near Geraldton, near his father's family," he said.

He said the child was wrapped up asleep on the floor of the car as he drove and later when the sun came up, he stopped at a a couple of swimming spots because it was getting hot.

He said at one he lay the child on some rocks.

"When I picked him up the skin peeled off his backside," he said.

"He was like crying, sobbing, upset."

"I put him back in the water to try to stop it from hurting."

Security footage played to the court showed Bell shopping in Karratha, however he did not have the child with him.

He told the court he was buying oranges and chocolate milk for the baby who he later woke and gave a drink.

Bell says he took the child to the beach in Dampier but the boy "couldn't be bothered to do anything".

"He just wanted to lay down, and go back to sleep," Bell said.

He testified he then took the baby to another swimming spot on the Fortescue River where the child's head slipped into the water and afterwards "he just wouldn't breathe".

The court has heard Bell then took the boy's lifeless body to the Fortescue River Roadhouse.

He said some of the injuries were caused "presumably when he fell out of the car" and "when I put him on the rocks".

"I had absolutely no reason to hurt that boy," he said.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-26/mervyn-bell-guilty-of-murder-of-10-month-old-baby/5771392

Fark. This stuff is getting hard to read.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/couple-busted-performing-sex-acts-on-train-just-got-carried-away/story-fni0fee2-1227071781824

As you do