Weird News Tidbits

Was talking to a mate recently who was telling me his wife was going to the US for a couple of weeks, Salt Lake City specifically.

“Be careful mate” I said “She might come back Mormon”

“She already is” he replied.

I was suitably embarassed.

They have magical underpants.

Quoted Post

Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Quoted Post

Well, the one Mormon I have met, her underpants were so magical they continually disappeared. Let’s just say she enjoyed herself at Uni, which I have no problem with. But when it came to being lectured on religious grounds by her on my occasional use of the F bomb, well, I wasn’t cool with that.

I had a mormon girlfriend once.

very eager to learn.

The price paid for you to give a rose to the one you love on Valentine’s Day…

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/bengaluru/Kids-in-Bonded-Labour-on-Rose-Farms/2015/02/14/article2668174.ece1

I did deliveries for a florist for a few years, I never once encountered Indian roses being sold in Australia. We pretty much grow our own.

Only instance I know of foreign roses was from South America once due to rare local shortage 3 or 4 years ago.

Lucky I bought diamonds instead.

long sleeve or short sleeve?

Quoted Post

long sleeve or short sleeve?

Long sleeve but rolled up half way.

I think these three images are related somehow?

Heroin used to be an effective cough medicine.

Pretty sure the -in suffix at the end of heroin and aspirin are some sort of Bayer naming standard.

…and the jet-propelled, wetsuit-clad, chihuahua is self-explanatory.

Quoted Post

Pretty sure the -in suffix at the end of heroin and aspirin are some sort of Bayer naming standard.

I could do with some right now with the way I feel. Sick as a dog.

Quoted Post

I have a vague memory of reading that Bayer chose the name from the Greek word for “hero” (heros?). Because that’s how it made people feel. Then they tacked the -in on it. It was the 19th century. The good old days. Can I offer you some crack, guvnor?

Look at the recommended dosage on the back of this bottle of Stickney and Poor’s Pure Paregoric (opium).