Weird News Tidbits

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Where can I find a product that will make me fart rainbows?

LOL, yup.
When a German man crashed his motorbike and showed up at the emergency department, doctors were shocked by what they found. His symptoms included “a hard, swollen, bluish ■■■■■■■ and an externally rotated and slightly shortened left leg”. An x-ray revealed something that seems barely believable - the top of his left femur had been sheared off by the force of the impact and forced into his ■■■■■■■ from the inside. news.com.au/world/motorcyclist-crashed-so-hard-it-forced-the-top-of-his-thigh-bone-into-his-■■■■■■■/story-fndir2ev-1227243717419

Should make a welcome change from the run of the mill evening viewing …

Humans Unconsciously Sniff Their Hands After Handshaking
http://io9.com/humans-unconsciously-sniff-their-hands-after-handshakin-1689203421

Unlike dogs and other animals, humans — for the most part — don’t sniff each other. Well, at least that’s what we thought. A rather unsettling new study from the Weizmann Institute shows that practically all of us sniff our hands after handshaking — a possible sign of social chemosignaling behavior.

The new study, published in the journal eLife, suggests that humans use handshakes to exchange important chemical information — information that can alter our behavior is subtle ways. The researchers came to this conclusion by covertly filming 271 subjects as they they were being greeted in a structured event, some with a handshake and some without.

From New Scientist:

Before the greeting, both men and women had their hand near their nose 22 per cent of the time, on average. Airflow in the nose more than doubled at the same time, suggesting they were smelling their hands.

After shaking hands with someone of the same sex, on average volunteers sniffed their shaking hand more than twice as much as they did before the handshake. If the person was of the opposite sex, they smelled their non-shaking hand twice as much as before the handshake. This usually happened once the experimenter had left the room.

The team also carried out the experiment with people wearing sterile gloves. The chemicals the gloves picked up from the experimenter's hand included squalene and hexadecanoic acid, both of which are involved in social signalling among dogs and rats.

"People constantly have a hand at their face, they are sniffing it, and they modify that behaviour after shaking hands. That demonstrates that the handshaking is a chemosignalling behaviour," says [study co-author Noam] Sobel.

Whoa, that is weird. This study would appear to affirm the notion that social chemosignaling is not limited to opposite sex encounters. What’s more, it suggests there may be other examples of chemosignaling that we aren’t even aware of.

Thank you, science, for ruining every future handshake I’ll have to make.

Check out more at New Scientist.

Good thing I generally don’t shake hands. I’d hate to give up my secrets to chemosignalling.

Amazing …

what passes for news nowadays

This is a violation of BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS.

Thailand’s military government warned women on Monday against posting photos of the lower half of their breasts – a current social media trend – saying their actions could violate the country’s computer crime laws. Thailand warns women who post 'underboob' photos face five years in jail

what about sideboob?

It’s about time ‘underboob’ got the recognition it deserves.

Concur.
Under-rated.

Quoted Post

This is a violation of BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS.
Thailand’s military government warned women on Monday against posting photos of the lower half of their breasts – a current social media trend – saying their actions could violate the country’s computer crime laws. Thailand warns women who post 'underboob' photos face five years in jail

And in Pattaya one can go see a snake or razor blades in ■■■■■ live show.

Darren Sharper May Have ■■■■■ Monitored As Part Of Probation, Report Says
The Huffington Post | By Ron Dicker

Posted: 04/11/2015 4:28 pm EDT Updated: 1 hour ago

Share 33
Tweet 23
Comment 0

Share on Google+

Former NFL safety Darren Sharper has an intricate plea deal that spans a few states. (Photo by Nick Ut-Pool/Getty Images)

Ex-NFL safety Darren Sharper may have his ■■■■■ monitored as part of his probation after he serves at least nine years for drugging and raping several women, according to a report.

The New Orleans Advocate reported that the former New Orleans Saints player will face several restrictions upon his release: GPS tracking; sex offender counseling for many years; no alcohol and no visits to bars for the rest of his life; no Internet dating; and approval to travel more than 50 miles.

One condition of his post-prison life that is attracting a lot of attention is the possibility that his Arizona probation could subject Sharper to a “penile plethysmograph, in which a sensor is attached to the ■■■■■ while an array of sexual images flashes before his eyes, to gauge arousal," the Advocate wrote.

According to the New York Daily News, some experts believe that sex offenders’ responses could determine the likelihood of them committing similar crimes again.

The device resembles a blood pressure cuff, measuring blood flow to the ■■■■■ while users watch material that might represent their criminal proclivities.

As part of an intricate plea deal, Reuters reported, Sharper pleaded guilty to sexual assault and attempted sexual assault in Arizona; guilty to attempted sexual assault in Nevada; and no contest to two counts of rape by use of drugs and four counts of furnishing a controlled substance in California.

You’ve made that up.

Quoted Post

You've made that up.

Yeah, you got me, I thought the cuff sounded pleasant :smiley:

Hold a candle? In anticipation of one day stabbing their ex with it?

Hold a candle? In anticipation of one day stabbing their ex with it?

Probably.

Anyone who follow this crap show know if she was cautioned or apologized about it? Terrible tbh