Welcome back to Essendon - Paddy Ryder

I can understand the bitterness regarding Paddy, but last Indigenous round was about the most embarrassed I think I’ve been of this club. I’m glad we finally have more representation in the club, and if all Paddy does is give the twins more encouragement with his presence around the place, it’s likely already worth it. If he proves to be able to provide more than that for all our indigenous players, even better.

12 Likes

When are we resigning the Weapon?

5 Likes

Welcome back Paddy!

3 Likes

wait til you still get sms’s after a win advising you of special offers at the bombershop :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Was down at the Hangar this morning using my $30 voucher! Came out of the cafe and saw him sitting there. Wandered what the hell he was doing there.

5 Likes

Judas to the twins:

“Make sure you start a family. They’re great leverage during contract negotiations.”

6 Likes

Exactly……no doubt the hag will be invited down to the Hangar to do the exclusive interview regarding this. Horrible I will never forget him and Koch and the hateful dramatics.

3 Likes

I got an email with a questionnaire about the club and to voice my opinion recently. Probably a bot that reads them but let’s just say there was a fair few truth bombs in there :rofl:
I thought my name just might have been removed from the system after that

3 Likes

EFC did have some indigenous staff in administration at relatively junior levels dealing with outreach to urban grassroots indigenous sport programs.
However, we didn’t have former indigenous players and at one stage Tippa was the only indigenous player.,
Also, it’s good to have indigenous at the club from different indigenous cultures and backgrounds.

2 Likes

Paddy Ryder can EAD.

4 Likes

What was the second time??

The only indigenous player in the AFL side at times, yeah. Not the only indigenous player on the list/at the club.

2019 off-season.

We stupidity wanted him back after Port got rid of him. We showed him around, gave him his life membership. He chose St Kilda, and gave us a clip on the way out.

2 Likes

Meh.

2 Likes

To be fair, he was right. The club was ■■■■■■.

9 Likes

Glad he’s back. Welcome home Paddy.

3 Likes

All is forgiven then

Correct.
I suppose I’m thinking of mentoring of those with experience who might be having a different experience from Tippa and not living at home or not spending a lot of time with family outside the club.

Also for the people who are liking this announcement just remember, apart from all the other stuff, this is what the guy, who is now in looking after the welfare of indig players had to say about the club just a measly 3 years ago

“I guess I was over here last week and I’ve been back and forth a little bit. A couple of weeks ago I was leaning towards Essendon and then I went back the other way and I guess the thing that stuck with me, I went back into the club the other week and I went through there and wanted to see what it felt like and I just didn’t get a really good feeling from going back there.”

This is the guy you are now paying to help develop players, a guy who actively has shown contempt and hatred for the club and ■■■■■■ it over a few times now, and now you’ve given him a role influecing a certain subset group of the list who you are trying to mend bridges with as a whole.
I guess when no one else is offering you money, you can put aside your morals.
What a great lesson that is for the upcoming aboriginal kids to learn, from ironically a guy who’s 2 biggest reasons for getting the job are
1 he’s aboriginal
2 he played for the club

I am curious ( like i was with hurley) what exact qualifications or training or that does he have to help in relation to his role (no i was right to begin with, indigenous player development manager )?

it is legit just another jobs for the boys, again like hurley, like belly got, like stanton, like i guess anyone from that era could get at the club if they wanted to stay in footy, cos of some guilt complex.

sigh the club will just never learn smh.

11 Likes

What a ■■■■■■■ stupid post.

6 Likes