Welcome Home Harvs?

Seems like Triple M Footy have gone with this tonight that tomorrow, Mark Harvey will be announced as Essendon's interim coach in 2014.

He finally gets the Bomber head-job at last.

Top bloke is Harvs. Wouldn’t be suprised if he goes back to an assistant role after next season.

Stoked to have him back if true.

Awesome! 

And when people say the we've just appointed another essendon person (boys' club etc), the club can say that they had Wallace and Frawley on the panel.

I'll be very happy if he's appointed.

Hmm - not sure what happens to Bomber then if that's the case.

Mark Robinson ‏@Robbo_heraldsun 2m

RE mark Harvey announcement tomorrow, I would say hold your horses...

so we got Longmire?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/harvey-set-to-coach-the-dons-20130918-2tzwu.html

Former Essendon great Mark Harvey is expected to be unveiled as the club's interim coach  on Thursday
Sources close to the club said Harvey, who was in Perth when told he had won the job, would fly to Melbourne overnight to negotiate the final details of his contract.

Harvey was coy last month when questioned over a potential role at Essendon, suggesting he hadn‘t made any decision regarding his future.

It is unknown what position Harvey would occupy once Hird returns to the coaching position after the 12-month ban ends.

The Bombers announced on Monday that the successful candidate for head coach would be retained, perhaps in a different coaching or football department role.

Hopefully can continue our streak vs freo next year!

no disrespect to Harvey, but he would be a step back imo. Has to be Goodwin, knows the players, team etc. Please let this be wrong!

Hmm - not sure what happens to Bomber then if that's the case.

people keep posting statements like this... can someone give reasons why it would be a problem.

Would make no sense to bring in an outsider for a year.

no disrespect to Harvey, but he would be a step back imo. Has to be Goodwin, knows the players, team etc. Please let this be wrong!

Still a little bit green around the ears to take on such a huge responsibility.

Early report in the age said an announcement on Thursday would confirm Harvey as coach and that he was coming to Melb to confirm and tie up details.

Later edition dropped that line and said the coaching panel would make an announcement in 3 or 4 weeks.

Meh I don’t know what to think?

Meh I don't know what to think?

the age will take care of that for you :P that's who I listen to and they seem to know all...

I actually don't think harvs is the right guy for the job but finding someone to fill that role isn't an easy task, I'd still prefer Goodwin to have a go at it, I wouldn't think he'd stray too far from Hirdy's master plan for world, I mean football domination.

so we got Longmire?

Hopefully not a veiled reference to "Bell Esprit"

Still a little bit green around the ears to take on such a huge responsibility.

Wet behind the ears or green around the gills? A new classic is born!

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/harvey-set-to-coach-the-dons-20130918-2tzwu.html
Former Essendon great Mark Harvey is expected to be unveiled as the club's interim coach on Thursday
Sources close to the club said Harvey, who was in Perth when told he had won the job, would fly to Melbourne overnight to negotiate the final details of his contract.
Harvey was coy last month when questioned over a potential role at Essendon, suggesting he hadn‘t made any decision regarding his future.

It is unknown what position Harvey would occupy once Hird returns to the coaching position after the 12-month ban ends.

The Bombers announced on Monday that the successful candidate for head coach would be retained, perhaps in a different coaching or football department role.

Hopefully can continue our streak vs freo next year!

link says he is now in the running. Amateur hour at it's finest

Nothing wrong with a new perspective on the game plan

Great. A spud. Just what we ■■■■■■■ need. May as well have just given "Wallet" the job.

Great. A spud. Just what we ******* need. May as well have just given "Wallet" the job.

Spot on. I think I would actually prefer Wallet which is saying something. At least he has a slight idea.

Loved Harvs as a player but from what i've been told stinks as a coach.