🎉 Welcome to discourse.bomberblitz.com

He made some changes to it early this week, in past weeks he normally monitors it during the game and makes changes to handle to loads, but he was AFK for this game so, all things considered it actually handled things reasonably well.

Btw certainly not having a crack at rimfya or his efforts, love that Toowoomba creature.

Just an observation on the server struggling since the upgrade whereas in previous years you could go for your life on the match thread and post player abuse every 5 seconds.

That’s WEBMASTER to you.

How is it lately during game day? I did have to tweak some settings awhile ago but it probably could be further optimised.

It occasionally refuses to update new posts – you can see the number of posts has gone up, but you can’t scroll down to them. That’s mostly a mobile comment, but I guess we’ll see a good test this weekend due to the Freo game.

Yep interstate match day thread will be the test, when I checked at half time on Sunday it seemed ok.

Think I’ve seen that happen if you’re just watching one thread for a long time (like you would doing VFL commentary).

Having problems with the Ipad. Seems to randomly scroll up and down on me as if it was loading / unloading an advertisement or something? Strange. Anyone else having similar problem?

Yep on mobile feature it does take a bit longer to load during game day but that’s probably a good thing for me. Was ok at etihad on Sunday, but figured there would have been less traffic as it was a local game

Yep, happens on mine too.

“Welcome to New Blitz” message appears every time I visit the site. Is it possible to stop it showing for logged in users?

Let’s change it to something like ‘Oh it’s you again’

7 Likes

Maybe, “get back to work”

2 Likes

Said the pot to the kettle!

1 Like

Is your shortcut not pointed at discourse.bomberblitz.com?

Is there a way to automatically quote when you press reply?

Yep. Loads this…

Does it happen on your computer too… or just the phone?

Updated Blitz to hopefully use memory better. Should help next interstate game meltdown (vs GC on August 19).

When Rohan took that mark Blitz went from 30 active users to around 350-400 within seconds, that’s tough to accommodate.

3 Likes

Dear Rolo,

Is it expected behaviour for the advertisements to make a thread jump around on iPhone?

Asking for a friend.

@riolio

The same friend has noticed it on his ipad as well and is asking if we can donate in order to get rid of said ads because the jumping is soooooo annoying.