šŸŽ‰ Welcome to discourse.bomberblitz.com

It worked!!! Although when I first went in it said tracking but after I clicked it came up with the normal option and now it appears automatically. Never mind, it got rid if them, I owe youā€¦but then so do most of us who follow the VFL.
Your blood should be bottled!!!

Iā€™d prefer to keep it bottled within me, thanks.

2 Likes

It sounded like a complimentā€¦kind ofā€¦

You should relabel that button to ā€˜Muntedā€™

3 Likes

Rolo,

Personally I think itā€™s worth ensuring that Blitz stays up in moments of heavy heavy traffic. For instance if we win a final, I donā€™t think anyone wants to be in a position where weā€™ve been Blitzing for many many low years but arenā€™t able to do so in a moment of triumph.

I remember many years back you had a donation drive where people could give what they could to keep the site up and running. I remember donating. Iā€™d do so again if it could be used to ensure Blitz stays up in big moments. I reckon a lot of others would do the same.

4 Likes

Mr donation tough guy over here.

6 Likes

I kind of agree with Rolo here. We only need the space maybe once a year?

1 Like

Yep, but at the most important time (probably a few times a year not just one)

If the members of the forum are willing to pay then all should be good, right?

1 Like

What does the invite button, invite to?

I wonder how Blitz would go if we ran it for a while with no names, no avatars, and no profile to see who posters are?

You and I would have to change our posting habits so no could work out who it was.

The VFL team never win the premiership, stuff ā€˜em.

1 Like

You mean everyone posting to the same forum anonymously?

Itā€™ll never catch on.

2 Likes

agree

5 Likes

Wholeheartedly.

1 Like

I trolled the Richmond site many years ago, in better times (sigh), which is why I got this email.
I share it here for your very limited interest.

Hi wimmera1,

As mentioned in my last post on the site:

I am aware that some on the site have concerns about the number of times that Iā€™ve changed the software that runs on this site. I have made no secret of the fact that I like Yellow and Black to use software that I can learn from and perhaps use elsewhere.

With this forum software (Discourse) I have to admit that Iā€™ve bitten off more than I can chew, thatā€™s for sure. While I believe that the software itself is superior to other forum software that is currently available; for a ā€˜tinkererā€™ like myself, itā€™s driving me crazy! There are restrictions on many aspects of the software and I am unfamiliar with the programming language - Ruby on Rails - and even less so when it comes to the ā€˜containerā€™ on the server in which it runs. The software doesnā€™t even have a setting for closing the site!

Needless to say, this has reduced my enjoyment of the site as I no longer have the same control as I once had. I have tried offering to pay programmers to migrate from this forum to other software. The response is the same - itā€™s too difficult and nobody has ever moved FROM Discourse rather than TO Discourse so they arenā€™t keen to take it on.

I have decided to move to new forum software which I think youā€™ll like much more. I know that itā€™s certainly much more easily tweaked, thatā€™s for sure! Youā€™ll find the new site here: https://yellowandblack.com.au

Things to take into account:

• 2018 posts wonā€™t be found here. Iā€™m working on a way to get a read only or to migrate the discussions.

• Your E-mail address is the same as what it was before the last software move ([email protected]). Iā€™m working on updating them, so if you donā€™t have access to your old E-mail address, send me a PM with the details and Iā€™ll fix the issue.

• Iā€™m working on the colour scheme :slight_smile:

• Please donā€™t log any issues (other than you canā€™t login)

• If you canā€™t login, do a password reset (remembering that itā€™ll go to the last E-mail address you had in December 2017). If all else fails, send me a message

• Enjoy!

Trolling as Pimpinio_Tigers ??

1 Like

Nope, but good idea!

I figured that may be the case after I saw the letter said Hi wimmera1ā€¦

Eww.