#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

not sold on him. happy to be proven wrong.

lol

One thing I had against Carlisle was he didnā€™t have a great closing speed. Once a forward got away, he couldnā€™t spoil. His intercepting was unreal

Think he can be our Carlisle replacement and be even better than Carlisle.

Based on what? Carlisle is a very good footballer who when he wants to has the ability to tear games apart. Its why we got pick 5 from the saints. If he is better than Carlisle fantastic but its way too early. As much as we all want it to be true, just because a player leaves Essendon does not make them rubbish or even average. I dont resent Carlisle like I do Ryder, he said he wanted Essendon fairly compensated which helped us in the trade.

When did I ever say Carlisle was rubbish?
Iā€™m basing it on this kid potentionally being a gun and I reckon he is going to be better than Carlisle. Big call I know but he has the frame and footy smarts.

Big call. Jake is a very good footballer.

He reminds me of a young Carlisle.

not sold on him. happy to be proven wrong.

Iā€™ll be honest, I hardly noticed him on the ground on the weekend, but, remember that game we used to play with interpreting comments evaluating draftees?

No offense to the kid, but I couldnā€™t help but interpret the attributes in the OP as follows (just a bit of fun, like I said I havenā€™t seen him play):

IN SHORT

ā€“ Flexible player who can play multiple positions Canā€™t cement a spot in the team

ā€“ Strong overhead sh*thouse at ground level

ā€“ High efficiency user of the ball Doesnā€™t get it much

ā€“ Athletic Not a natural footballer/Really wants to play basketball

ā€“ Possesses a great attitude Needs to work on his ball skills

So Riddles can bulk up over 2-3 years and be the next Wellman or Carlisle? He looks more likely to be a Wellman size than Carlisle who has developed into a bit of a beast. At 18 & 192cm, Riddles might even still get a bit more height yet, so Iā€™m hoping heā€™ll be as good as a Wellman type.

I wonder what we would think of him if that snapchat vid came out 4 hours earlier and pick 5 got taken off the tableā€¦

Carslisle is / was a sook.

Irrelevant. Yes Jake got frustrated and became a bit temperamental but when your mum almost dies, your footy club becomes a 24 hour media circus and you get shifted from the one role which youā€™re comfortable in, all within the space of 12 months, I donā€™t think itā€™s that unnatural or unreasonable that it would begin to effect your demeanour.

Played in defence Jake was and will continue to be a star of the comp. And in an environment heā€™s happy in, his attitude around the club will be fine.

I totally agree with you about his ability. If anything, youā€™re underselling it.

But he spent a quarter ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about the club to his direct opponent, then came off the ground and dropped the ā€˜this club is farkedā€™ line for many to hear.

Heā€™s an extra level sook, no point saying otherwise. (And Iā€™d knowā€¦ We can pick our own.)

He said what a lot of other people were thinking at the time. He is much better where he is now than where he was.

Irrelevant. Yes Jake got frustrated and became a bit temperamental but when your mum almost dies, your footy club becomes a 24 hour media circus and you get shifted from the one role which youā€™re comfortable in, all within the space of 12 months, I donā€™t think itā€™s that unnatural or unreasonable that it would begin to effect your demeanour.

Played in defence Jake was and will continue to be a star of the comp. And in an environment heā€™s happy in, his attitude around the club will be fine.

I totally agree with you about his ability. If anything, youā€™re underselling it.

But he spent a quarter ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about the club to his direct opponent, then came off the ground and dropped the ā€˜this club is farkedā€™ line for many to hear.

Heā€™s an extra level sook, no point saying otherwise. (And Iā€™d knowā€¦ We can pick our own.)

Was he the one Disco flagged as possibly best in draft and should be moving into the midfield in the future?

Big call. Jake was a very good footballer.

Fixed

You will be in for a rude shock then this year.
Carlisle was absolutely outstanding as a defender during his time with us and he will be one of the premier intercept marking key defenders in the comp for St Kilda.

Anywayā€¦ Jordan (Todd) Ridley looks a nice prospect I think.

AFL standard - Move on !

ridley <3s baggies?

How'd Riddles go yesterday? The focus and rightly so seems to be on Begley.

I thought he was kind of invisible but in a good way. Got a decent amount of the ball (10 possessions from 59% game time), didnā€™t do anything amazing but also did do anything to make you face palm. Iā€™d say thatā€™s a good result for a first game at roughly AFL level.

Yep. Took one good mark that I liked but other than that just unassuming and did little wrong (there was a good tackle too). Great to give a guy like him a taste. If he misses next week he could easily spend all year in the VFL knowing what has to be done.

He didnā€™t look like an unco tall.

Sean Wellman Mk II?

Sean Wellman Mk II?

Got a bit of him

Glides out of the back line. A few kicks to one on ones on the head instead of into spaceā€¦but being on TV cant really judge to harsh