#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Think he can be our Carlisle replacement and be even better than Carlisle.

Based on?

Big call. Jake is a very good footballer.

Never mind waiting for him to dominate the backline. Only when they play him forward and he sulks and tells all opposition players that the club is farked will he be a true replacement.

Maybe it’s just the long arms, but he looks like Michael Johnson the way he moves out there.

Big call. Jake is a very good footballer.

Yes he is, but Jake can be very selective about when he wants to be.

Hopefully Ridley becomes one with an uncompromising desire to be the best he can be (which McGrath exudes).

Big call. Jake was a very good footballer.

Fixed

The Carlisle comparison is interesting, in the sense that he was a second rounder, and everybody was quite ‘meh’ when we got him. “Do we need another of his type?”

Hopefully he progresses similar.

I didn’t see anything of his intercept marking yesterday, but I liked his kicking and attack in the ball.

With great disposal and (alleged) intercept marking, he’s a perfect ‘type’ to fit into a sweeping third tall role.

Will be interesting to watch, I like the early signs.

Carlisle was 198cm, and is now a big lad who plays on the AFLs power fwds.

Ridley is 192cm and I cannot see him filling out significantly. From a physical point of view I’d see him as more Andrew Mackie like as a defender moving fwd.

Carlisle was 198cm, and is now a big lad who plays on the AFLs power fwds.

Ridley is 192cm and I cannot see him filling out significantly. From a physical point of view I’d see him as more Andrew Mackie like as a defender moving fwd.

Yeah, I didn’t mean plays like Carlisle, I mean ‘will be quite a surprise’ much like Carlisle was.

Based on what? Carlisle is a very good footballer who when he wants to has the ability to tear games apart. Its why we got pick 5 from the saints. If he is better than Carlisle fantastic but its way too early. As much as we all want it to be true, just because a player leaves Essendon does not make them rubbish or even average. I dont resent Carlisle like I do Ryder, he said he wanted Essendon fairly compensated which helped us in the trade.

He has a bit of brown about him, only a much better kick.

Racist

2 Likes

Hearing 3-4 months out with stress fracture in his back. Limited to bike work between now and then.

That’s tough…

Sounds like fast bowlers injury…

Has only kept Pat Cummins out for six years.

I think we should call him “Bruce”.

Bruce Reid-ley

1 Like

Wait, is he injured???

Confirmed by Crow, although they’re saying up to 12 weeks.

Shame - kid looked pretty smooth in JLT

1 Like