#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Well isn’t that just super

Which is 3 months…

Kid is growing, and growing tall. Not that it’s an expected injury, but lets treat this year as an opportunity to grow into his body, and learn a lot about footy off the field. Will be a star, but will take time.

Yes. Up to 3 months.

Get well soon son.

1 Like

Sad for him but it gives us a lot more flexibility with the LTIL.

Say we promote Long and McKernan. Myers comes off the list about round 3 or 4.

Stress fractures in your back sounds like a fkn horrendous injury to have. Anyone know much about it?

1 Like

Damn. Hopefully it’s just a short term setback and he gets the rest of tyre year learning his craft in the VFL injury free.

Bugger all the best

Yep, had them as a 17 year old. Cost me my football career no doubt. That and a lack of ability, a crippling dislike for the contest and a fondness for beer and chips.

Seriously though he should be fine given time. Purely a sign he needs to strengthen up to handle the load his body is being put through.

18 Likes

Has to avoid impact but can smash weights for the next 3-4 months which should help to build his body and core.

Partial stress fracture so hasn’t gone completely through.

Be patient there is no rush.

5 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve had this most of my life - from 18-ish. Changes your life, but you work around it.

I can’t “like” it evs, … but Farken Lol.

1 Like

Just to follow that up, this is what I have/had:

Patrick Cripps has suffered with stress fractures in his back all pre-season and was expected to miss a lot of the early part of the season.

He either just played his first game on the weekend or is about to this weekend.

I wouldn’t be too concerned for Ridley at this stage as the club are clearly taking a cautious and sensible approach with his rehab.

Played Sat for FarkCarlton

1 Like

Crow says in the injury report article that Ridley can still lift weights, so at least he can try bulk that frame.

2 Likes

Agreed. I see this as a blessing in disguise. From the report it’s been caught early and should heal properly if given time. It allows the kid to focus on bulking up a bit which will protect him when he does return to the field. The extra bulk will make him more useful at AFL level.

Stress fractures in the back are not a blessing in disguise, especially given that there was nothing stopping him doing weights before.

4 Likes