#14 Jordan Ridley -- ADDITIONAL 3 YEARS (till 2029)

Crow’s reputation = shot

He possibly meant since Ridley joined the club.

In full training. Available next week.

Great news.

14 Likes

great news.

I’ve heard he’s bulked up to 178 kg

4 Likes

So that leaves us with one rookie elevation.

And gain another after the bye. For 5 weeks.

Dats Begs …

Great for Ridley.
I assume we’ll have to drop either McNernan or McNeice back to the rookie list, with only Lav on the LTI list.
Leaves Long and Draper with one of the above available for the mid season upgrade

Ridley is back this week - We get another rookie upgrade after round 11.

1 Like

1 Like

I reckon we’ll end up packaging him with A Long, Redman and J Merrett, and trade them to Freo so we can get a champion full forward.

1 Like

First VFL game tomorrow for him at Windy Hill, 12pm!

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out… I’d legitimately not realised it.

Good luck to the kid.

My boy!!

**just in case he goes on to be a gun.

3 Likes

Gotta get in early you so can lord it over everyone if they turn out ok.

1 Like

BRING. HIM. IN.

The Riddler seems to be showing something.

Good.
Langford. 3rd year Late 1st round draft pick: Not getting regular games at AFL level in 2017
Laverde. 3rd year Late 1st round draft pick: Not getting regular games at AFL level in 2017
Francis 2nd year early 1st round draft pick: Not getting regular games at AFL level in 2017

That is disappointing. Hopefully these guys will step up next year.

Not really. I’m disappointed that Laverde has had injuries but no doubt not as disappointed as he is.

Not every player is going to come in and do well straight away particularly if they are a taller player. I think Francis and Langford are coming along ok.

3 Likes

Ease up.

Not every kid drafted turns superstar a year after being drafted, and it’s extremely rare unless you’re a midfielder. Even then, guys like McCluggage have struggled for the most part in their first year. These guys need a few years to develop and develop consistency. Even still in his first full year last year Langford has games of 20+ possessions and was kicking goals often (in a shocking team), Laverde was showing great signs playing forward (again in a shambolic team) last year and Francis is in his second year ffs.
I have no issue in believing that all 3 guys (provided they stay injury free) will be very good players for the club and that’s coming from someone that is usually pessimistic. It’s the midfield where I think we need to draft some class players.

4 Likes