#16 Josh “Fridge” Begley

There’s a good pic on the efc fb…from 2015. I can’t link it though.

From ‘massive reach for a fat bloke that we could have picked up in the 50s’ to ‘potential best player in the 2016 draft’ after 1 game. Love it!

2 Likes

There was a Tsunami alert issued in Japan soon after the Fridge and Ambrose collided at training.

I think there's a bit of Dane Swan about him. Walks and runs the same way.
Agree

Genuinely talks exactly like him as well. His interview after the game if you weren’t looking at clip could swear it was Swanny.

What's his overall fitness like compared to AFL players? His engine is quite a strength isn't it? Probably the main thing holding a youngster back from playing a lot of seniors in their first season is their running capacity. I wonder how the experts rate him in this area because if he keeps producing footy smarts like that then he could be a real surprise packet this season.

Dodoro you old dog you!

Top 10 in the 2km.

THE PACKAGE

What's his overall fitness like compared to AFL players? His engine is quite a strength isn't it? Probably the main thing holding a youngster back from playing a lot of seniors in their first season is their running capacity. I wonder how the experts rate him in this area because if he keeps producing footy smarts like that then he could be a real surprise packet this season.

Dodoro you old dog you!

Top 10 in the 2km.

What’s his overall fitness like compared to AFL players? His engine is quite a strength isn’t it? Probably the main thing holding a youngster back from playing a lot of seniors in their first season is their running capacity. I wonder how the experts rate him in this area because if he keeps producing footy smarts like that then he could be a real surprise packet this season.

Dodoro you old dog you!

My guess is that in the long term Begley will be an inside midfielder, unless he is going too well as a forward.

Rotate with Jobe by the end of the year.

My guess is that in the long term Begley will be an inside midfielder, unless he is going too well as a forward.

I know there's been a bit of talk about neck length but surely it is high time we discuss the chins on Begley and McGrath

and Heppell.

Underbites’ R’Us

Getting 16 on my fridge.

I’m getting 16 on my jumper for this year, fk it

Now that he's shown himself to be capable forward, I hope they now move him into the midfield.

Good players can only play in the midfield.

but good midfielders can’t play @ Essendon.

Now that he’s shown himself to be capable forward, I hope they now move him into the midfield.

Good players can only play in the midfield.

love after that crunching tackle that he is literally straight up and winning the next contested ball

competitive animal. could be a clearance beast in future years

I want woosha to Fullmetal Jacket him 'SO YOU'RE A KILLER... SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE'

This is my footy, this is my gun.
This is for kicking and this is for fun.

Will need to play JLT 3 and provide a similar performance, to play round 1 of the AFL - Begley should end up being a top class AFL player.

But shouldn’t we see what he has to offer on a HBF first?

BEGS

Trade Jobe and see what Disco manages to turn that into. Probably G Abblett the 3rd