Former #40 Will “Snello” Snelling

Caleb Ewan goes alright, won a tour de france sprint stage as a short fella.

1 Like

I don’t actually speak Italian myself, but I think it translates as:

• “Live long! Be 100% the player that Bontempelli is.”
4 Likes

They also have a low centre of Gravity with their arsse being closer to the ground, are stronger through the hips and stand up well.

1 Like

Well done Will.

That goal is a moment he won’t forget

4 Likes

Has kicked a goal in 100% of his AFL games.

5 Likes

That’s definitely Will’s dad.

The meatball

1 Like

I thought he was good

1 Like

He had a massive grin when he laid that tackle on Crouch right at the end. He was clearly loving it.

7 Likes

The Human Rissole

Spicy

Did he kick one in his sole Port game?

And in typical dad fashion : “yeah he played ok I guess. Could have been better.”

3 Likes

Pls. I checked first.

4 Likes

Did well for his first game. Orazio looked concerned.

Was the right move to bring him in.

Good effort for first game. Well done

Like everyone expecting more.

2 Likes

Always tough being the new bloke in the seniors team. Game play is much more structured in the seniors because you can generally rely on a better quality of delivery than the reserves can offer, and a player new to that strucutre will take longer to find his place within it and for his teammates to have the trust to use them ahead of the people they already know. The classic case tonight was when Will passed to Hartley before he kicked that ripper pass across field, rather than down the line, because he would know and trust Harts before the senior guys, having played more footy with him. I reckon it will take him 3-4 games at or above the level he displayed tonight for this senior teammates to a) know where he is likely to go in a given situation and b) whether they can rely on him to get the ball and use it wisely. All up, thought it was a solid opening game for the club.

10 Likes

Keep him in if Raz isn’t right. Wonder if he will be kept around for 2020? Doesn’t look out of place.