Welcome to Essendon - #49 Jaiden Hunter - cower before him, 2024

It’s an excellent topic for personality profiling. Along with Greta, transgender equality, Welcome To Country and Ivermectin.

3 Likes

nah mate, shes just hasnt done much to get a statue, wheres matthew lloyd’s statue then

4 Likes

Absolutely! That statue is cringe and non deserving.

2 Likes

Beat me to it was going say Tayla harris eat your heart out

Whereas I was going to say, Jaiden has impressive flexibility, but he’s no Tayla Harris

12 Likes

Weird thread

14 Likes

Blame the bye

2 Likes

yeh how did i get called a bigot(which i aint) in the jaiden hunter thread

It’ll come alive after he has his AFL debut

Terrible action, not looking down at balls.

2 Likes

it lacks cooking discussion

2 Likes

58 goals in 61 games as a forward and gets a statue, joke of the century ngl

1 Like

To the uneducated, the statue is about her goal kicking
This statue then, is not really about Harris and nor is it really for her. This statue is for the women in sport community. It is for everyone who, on the night the powerful image of Harris was posted, trolled and deleted, saw the horrendous comments directed at her for simply doing her job as a footballer. It is for everyone who felt personally attacked in the degrading language those trolls and casual misogynists used to vilify not only Harris, but other athletes like Cecilia McIntosh, as well as whole communities of people, particularly those that identify as LGBTIQ+.

This statue is for everyone who had endured this intolerable behaviour long before the events of 19 March and had been made to feel inferior for being fans of women’s sport their whole lives. On that night, the world learnt that the women’s sports community has a voice, one that is passionate, powerful and unrelenting. It is a voice that altered the course of history and achieved something that had been so rare before Harris’ image was reposted with an unreserved apology: acknowledgment.

43 Likes

great cause and everything, my problem is just shes not a great athlete, got nothing againsy female athletes, someone like ash barty deserve a statue more

She doesn’t want one

fair enough but she definitely deserve it more

You’ve previously stated you think women’s sport should be ignored/mocked (especially footy).

So please, don’t feel the need to contribute about it any more. At all.

8 Likes

i have never said i hate it, i just said i dont watch to watch womens footy. i will happily watch women tennis

At all.

8 Likes