Welcome to Essendon - #49 Jaiden Hunter - cower before him, 2024

Yeah, the mad golfers have all corrected me about the choice of lighting conductor.

I’m so bad at and ignorant of the game, I’d have more succes hitting the bloody ball with the golf umbrella.

3 Likes

I’m not sure but he said it affected his nerves and he wasn’t a good putter after that

1 Like

True, but a fit Stringer isn’t going to still be running around in 2027, while they other two have that potential if we can develop them.

3 Likes

Just search online for vids of the
Abominable Stringerman
StringFoot
Jake the Peg with the extra leg.

He’s not the only one who’s career was crushed by injuries at Essendon… Fantasia, Daniher, Stringer… Jones, Reid, Cox…… Draper…

Agree, seems to be getting better by the day around here.

Crikey! Getting back to some very Gumbyesk type of reactions to a guy who hasn’t played a game of senior footy let alone 5 reserves games.

Boring

My guy has Jones well and truely covered here.
There’s going to be an unlucky player who misses out on selection

https://x.com/charliedons/status/1721305244272111693?s=46&t=I6-zBlp15E_a2HkjxN7HRw

2 Likes

Jones looks like he has added some meat to the arms.

3 Likes

Needs to add it to his body.

Love Hunter’s attack on the ball. He exudes a level of arrogance/aggression sorely needed in this team too. Like Martin, he’s got that steely determination to make this opportunity count. Unlike Voss, Hunter HAS all the tools to make it in the AFL.

With Jones, hard to feel enthused about a player continually injured. Sadly for me, my enduring memory of the player was that miss (choke) against the Pies 35 out that would’ve stifled their momentum and likely given Essendon the win.

3 Likes

35 out?

I was at that game and remember him being almost on the 50.

2 Likes

Not being a d*ck (feel like I always need to caveat that here :joy:), but what makes you say this? Have you seen/read something or gut feel?

He might have started his run up on the 50, but the kick was little more than a chip, in terms of distance.

2 Likes

Just watched the footage.
He kicks the ball from 45-48 out.

Still should have kicked it.

And Jay Neagle shouldnt have played on in the goalsquare v geelong.

But here we are.

11 Likes

There are players that seize the moment.
Sadly we have very few of these.

triggered me

2 Likes

Gut feel