Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

Welcome Alex. Pleased to have you donning the sash!

“Hamstring troubles kept him to seven games with the Oakleigh Chargers in 2015
As part of his rehabilitation, he would drive to the State Netball and Hockey Centre three times a week.
“They didn’t just treat the injury but they looked at his biomechanics,” Oakleigh Chargers Coach Mick Stinear said.
“It really worked wonders for him. They tweaked a few things and got him running a lot more efficiently.”
Morgan spent nearly three months on the sidelines, but as he went about his recovery, his thoughts remained with his teammates.”

Bit of a worry after all the work they put into him last year. Hope he can be ungumbied.

The speed test in the combine is over 20 meters so more an acceleration test than a speed, or am I reading it wrong?

It depends. If you’re really unfit, it’s not an acceleration test… :slight_smile:

The speed test in the combine is over 20 meters so more an acceleration test than a speed, or am I reading it wrong?

I traveled to the game and I understand how hot it was in those conditions and I liked his offensive efforts but his two way running was a bit of a problem.

However he is a young bloke developing his tank in blistering conditions so its forgivable. Just hope the coaches let him know about it though.

In the first half he made a lot of leads to space that were ignored. Then he got tired.

Agree. Didn’t think he was great personally. Plenty of time though.

Crow seems like a great HP manager. He doesn't just wait till problems occur, he identifies them early and works on correcting them for the future.

Better to have a 4-5 weeks of preventative training than ping 3 hamstrings and loose the whole season.

Can’t remember the last time we had an injury list so small.

This is very true. This would have to be the smallest injury list for this time of the year in a very long time. We have always had a shocking run with injuries and it really crippled us from mid season on last season.

I think we’ve got a pretty good supplements program which is the way of the future

Hope we see him have a senior game or two towards the end of this year.
I hope he gets back on the park and then stays fit for the entire year!
Sack Crow

When he gets together with his family, can they be described as a murder of Crows?

Murder of crows?

There’s probably a Phil Walsh joke in there somewhere but I’m not gonna make it…

Hope we see him have a senior game or two towards the end of this year.

Alex MorGUMB

Underrated.

For those in the know.

Is this a common thing for people if so much work done to avoid athlete doing hammy that the counter injury can occur in doing a quad? Or just purely unlucky?

Having consistent soft tissue injuries as a youngster doesn’t bode well for him.

Hopefully doesn’t end up like that player Pies traded to Saints last year who can’t get on the park for either side.

No, the rehab he was doing would not have made him more likely to doing a quad. It would have reduced the risk of quad or other injury, just as with his hammy.

But his current injury history and particularly the recent incident prior to his rehab definitely would increase his chances of doing his quad or other injury. Hence why they pulled him for an extended period.

Alex MorGUMB

Hopefully we take the cautious approach with him and make sure he is 110% for when he returns, however long that may be, we are best to take extra time if need be to ensure that these don't become reoccurring injuries.

Crowy seems to be doing this with all our players which is refreshing from the 2010-2014 days where we would have a key player go down, rush him back and chuck him straight into the 1’s with no match fitness and then scratch our head as to why they either played ■■■■■ and got injured again that first game back, or played crap for a couple of weeks and then got injured.

Didn’t we already take the cautious approach? That’s why he was delayed starting in the VFL?

Very disappointing for everyone. :frowning:

Rest in pepperonis

Hopefully we take the cautious approach with him and make sure he is 110% for when he returns, however long that may be, we are best to take extra time if need be to ensure that these don’t become reoccurring injuries.

Crowy seems to be doing this with all our players which is refreshing from the 2010-2014 days where we would have a key player go down, rush him back and chuck him straight into the 1’s with no match fitness and then scratch our head as to why they either played ■■■■■ and got injured again that first game back, or played crap for a couple of weeks and then got injured.

I have no doubt that with his bad hamstring injury last year that the club would have expected him to take longer body wise.

I think that 22 possessions in only his second game back is pretty â– â– â– â– â– â–  promising.

The kid was good in the vfl. Got 22 touches and used it well. He is 8 games into his first season. I think we should persevere with getting his body right for as long as it takes.

I take a lot of heart from players like Bags and Dea who took a bit longer to establish themselves in the system. If Morgan has the desire I think he’ll be great for us 2017 and beyond.

I feel sorry for the young bloke. It must be so frustrating for him.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that he gets his body right.
He is an exciting prospect.

For those in the know.

Is this a common thing for people if so much work done to avoid athlete doing hammy that the counter injury can occur in doing a quad? Or just purely unlucky?

Having consistent soft tissue injuries as a youngster doesn’t bode well for him.

Hopefully doesn’t end up like that player Pies traded to Saints last year who can’t get on the park for either side.