Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

He was one of the top few 17 year olds in the country, then tore his hammie badly and missed almost all his 18s year and was picked with the knowledge he’d be behind the 8 ball in his first AFL year. He then went on to have further hammie troubles.

2 Likes

I’d give him 1, I think the club will give him 2. We’ve got way bigger troubles than 1 injured kid.

1 Like

Man, there was so much hype around him. I was totally wrapped up in it too.

1 Like

Sorry, what I should have said was I don’t remember any ongoing issues after his early troubles. He certainly didn’t appear to have any fitness issues on his later years on the list

1 Like

He had a bit of talent. He dominated a game inside against Sydney when they were the masters of tight, defensive, stoppage football. He also happened to be a complete ■■■■.

Had nowhere near the pace he had preinjury.

Not sure that’s necessarily true but even if it was it’s not what cost him. I’m with @cul_de_sac

Im not saying it was the total reason for him not making it, just a contributing factor.

I’m also adressing the fact that cul de sac said ‘i don’t recall it ever hindering him’.

I would still disagree and agree, respectively.

Again I don’t think it diminished his pace personally but even if you are right and he was 15% slower post hammies that made no difference to how far off AFL quality he was in the end IMO. And to that end I don’t think it “hindered him” but I’m probably arguing semantics.

Anyway…

Hamstring injuries can make players shadows of their former selves, admittedly kav was a 17 year old when it happened. But look at pig, after his last hamstring injury looked nothing like the pig we knew and loved.

Why? he didn’t have string issues during his EFC career, he just wasn’t any good.

Edit ok this has been done.

I see Alex Morgan in the same boat as Courtney Johns Jason Winderlich , their bodies can’t stand up to the rigors of AFL football. If you don’t play any games for 2 year, within most clubs that is a Death Sentence

I have Jason Winderlich and Courtney Johns in different boats.

2 Likes

Whereas I’m not sure either is a sailor.

3 Likes

Winders is one of my all time favorites. when he could get on the field he was always reliable and hard working. Courtney was always a long shot as he had a really horrible injury before getting drafted. put him on our rookie list. the problem was that when he got up and going and got everyone excited, we invested way too much into him as our next superstar forward. his body just couldnt handle it though.

1 Like

Courtney Johns would dominate a cruise ship IMO.

10 Likes

BYO rudder.

1 Like

I see Courtney in Venice operating a gondola in a novel fashion. Now I wish I could un-see that.

1 Like

Winders could probably build one out of reclaimed timber. Shipwright not sailor perhaps?

2 Likes

I’m still fkn ■■■■■■ we delisted THE MESSIAH, don’t remind me

1 Like