Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

You are spot on about Winderlich. It will remain forever a shame for him (and us) that he was robbed of so much football, because when he was on the park he was top-shelf quality. I know people use the phrase, ‘Could’ve been anything’ a lot, but in this case it’s totally appropriate. Can only imagine the player he might’ve ended up had he managed to play 200-250 odd

2 Likes

LICHA

7 Likes

If you can choose to use the word ‘rigor’ surely you can pluralise ‘year’ ffs.

2 Likes

Winders may be a shipwright, Courtney John’s hips were never right.

It’s spelt ‘rigger’ and I thought we agreed neither were nautical anyway?

I was the same and really disappointed when he was delisted as I still had blind hope.
Apparently he’s into real-estate now. I hope he’s a better property manager than my ■■■■■■ one.

nacist.

Alex Morgue-an?

1 Like

Ooh boy.

Named for the VFL side.

1 Like

Had to scroll a lot to find this, says a lot about him.

I have seen him play and he looks like a bloke who needs a run in the 2s of the VFL…does nothing at all to show he is AFL worthy

Thats why its so low, not many can muster the effort to revive a thread for a ‘delist’ post.

I would like a to see if there is anyone keen to say he has something to work with

I watch VFL pretty consistently and my thoughts are he has some very good tools.

He’s quickish, has some skill level and plays a role that we are likely to need filling in the coming years as Baguley is getting older and Kelly may be finished this year.

Having said that, he doesn’t get involved anywhere enough to play as a half back at AFL level and doesn’t utilize his speed to any great effect. The other thing that I have found with him is that he doesn’t put his head over the ball. I have noticed on a few occasions him lift his head if he feels contact coming. That to me would also rule him out of playing in Baguleys position. If you are going to play on the most dangerous small forward each week then in my opinion you have to be fearless like Baguley because guys like Betts and Wingard will make you pay every time.

I don’t usually like to write players off generally because like with Ambrose it can come back to haunt you, but with Morgan I think he’s up against it.

4 Likes

think the difference with Ambrose was while Blitz was writing him off he was best 22 under Hird, Thompson and now Worsfold. Says a lot about him really and the way the club views him.

Morgan on the other hand, well it seems he hasn’t even come close to being considered for a senior game. Has had his fair share of injuries but I don’t see how he gets a spot on the senior or rookie list next year

From what I have seen of VFL, McNiece offers pretty much what we were looking for in Morgan, without the drawbacks.

1 Like

I think they’ll offer him a rookie spot.

We should just delisted him

2 Likes

Actually with the rookie list now being part of the main roster. I don’t think it’s career purgatory any more

He has pace - and specifically acceleration - to work with. He SHOULD be providing run and dare from the backline. But he seems very conservative and rarely displays it unless its right there for him. He seems disinclined to use the pace in advance to create options, instead waiting until the ball falls to him.

Reckon he’s got 6 weeks to get proactive and really show something.

2 Likes

He needs to be tougher at the contest otherwise he wont make it