Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

Should we put his jumper number in the thread title or is it too late.

1 Like

Makes Van Unen look like he was playing in a head to toe fluorescent strip. Beyond invisible.

1 Like

Looks like a player that has missed a hell of a lot of footy.

Good point, and also applies to Gleeson.

Might be the impetus he needs.

Does anyone think we could trade him to Brisbane for Mathieson?

1 Like

I know we mention methieson a lot but outside of him and ryan clarke no other kid picked after the morgan pick has established at afl level yet.

Hindsight may say we should have taken Mathieson but it looks like Morgan was a prospective pick in a shallow draft

1 Like

Iā€™ve watched a few vfl replays and I donā€™t rate him at all. Pretty disappointing second round selection. Heā€™s a mile off being a senior footballer

I think heā€™d have to have an amazing last 6 weeks. He has really shown very little unfortunately. I think he was a slightly speculative pick but in most drafts anyone at around 30 often is.

Settle down mate, heā€™s no Ricky Dyson

1 Like

Gonski

He might not have any confidence in his hammys. He might not even be enjoying his football any more because of it. He did have a year or so off because he lost the love of it but we gave him the chance to prove himself. I hope he turns the corner but Iā€™m really unsure if he will

Cmon mate, there was half a dozen quality players that had slid to that pick staring us in the face and we went for a long shot.
It doesnā€™t look like itā€™s going to pay off but thats draftingā€¦move on.

What half a dozen quality players?

1 Like

Half a dozen may be a stretch but I definitely remember the disappoint of not picking one of Mathison, Hardwick, Balic or Hibberd

1 Like

He hasnā€™t really missed more than a lot of players miss early in their careers. He only played 10 VFL games last season, but this season heā€™s played 12 already out of a possible 14

Thanks for that info, I thought he had missed more than that, lets hope he can stay injury free and give himself a chance.

Hartley, Brownā€¦

1 Like

Yup.

Could he be tried on the HFF? I know he has played most of his footy at HBF, but maybe if he is given license to start forward and roam up the ground he will use his pace more. Act to create instead of reacting to the opposition team/forward.

Also I can deal with a speedy, skillful forward who is a bit soft (although Iā€™d still prefer a kamikaze haha). But a HBFer? Nah they must be willing to go hard IMO.