Welcome to Essendon - Amart

Amart will be the Dev Smith of furniture stores Karma. You’ll be buying a fabric sofa with a chaise before you know it and you will love it!

5 Likes

I think the best part of this, which seems to have even oberlooked, is that GWS are about to overtake both Melbourne and North shortly.

As a Sydneysider, I can guarantee you everyone here supports the Swans. No attendance, AFL or player knowledge required, but they support them.

1 Like

Bit harsh AN - some of us that follow Manly also follow Essendon so we have reasonable taste. Stood on the Hill surrounded by South Sydney supporters in the 70’s and when the Sea Eagles won I received a lot of abuse both verbal & physical so it cuts both ways. By the way Cliff Lyons and Geoff Toovey both played for Australia so they knew their way round the park.

BMW’s are ■■■■■■ nice cars. We could’ve lured players with a ■■■■■■ free M3! Instead we can offer couches that are even more uncomfortable than the awkwardness of a sex scene popping up in the middle of the film you’re watching with your parents.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who has no idea what a ‘chaise’ is?

You do realise if we were sponsored by BMW the only people getting a freebie would be Campbell, Woosha, and maybe Heppell.

2 Likes

Some couches have a chaise, its the bit you put your feet up on. It’s like having an ottoman or a poof permanently attached to your couch.

Or its the seat you can’t lean back on and doesn’t have an arm rest…

I’d better not go there…

Come off it. KIA didn’t ditch us back then, which was nice, but they got a pretty good deal out of it too. More attention on the club, more members, more publicity, more people at games, more people watching on TV, etc. The club was bending over backwards to offer them more signage, tickets, exposure, etc.

Amart obviously think we will be a good value partnership, and better than what KIA are prepared to offer.

2 Likes

The urban couch sombrero.

Disagree. The best part is Port back 13% despite finals and big off season recruiting. Fark port ead kochie

2 Likes

Chasing the money with Amart was a poor decision IMHO.

As much as the brand of Essendon mattes to the sponsor so too does the sponsor to the club, a brand like BMW shows a prestige level, drawing larger and more financially secure brands than before. Amart puts us down with the lower value.

Should have taken slightly less cash for the better brand partner.

5 Likes

Makita joins the Bombers

August 23, 2018 12:00 PM

![Don’t miss out on your chance to join Essendon royalty for a special session at The Hangar.](https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/Essendon/Images/Makita_webhero.jpg)

Don’t miss out on your chance to join Essendon royalty for a special session at The Hangar.

Essendon is excited to announce a partnership with one of the world’s leading power tools and power garden equipment manufacturers, Makita.

Just in time for Father’s Day, the partnership will see two fun videos featuring Essendon legends, and father and son games record holders, Dustin and Ken Fletcher.

Tell us about your favourite Essendon Football Club moment with your father figure in 25 words or less for your chance to win an amazing prize.

To enter, reply to EFC’s upcoming Twitter and Facebook posts with your story, with one lucky fan set to take part in a private training session at The Hangar with Dustin.

In addition, the winner will take home a Makita Tradie Pack – valued at over $700 – which includes:

• Two-piece Brushless kit (DLX2176T $649 RRP)
  • Makita Branded Berkley Cooler bag
  • Makita Hoody
  • Makita T-Shirt
  • Makita Stubby Cooler
  • Makita Trucker Cap
  • Makita Carpenter Pencils

Makita tools and garden equipment undoubtedly make the perfect gift for any dad this Father’s Day all in

time for Spring, so to find your nearest dealer head to:

http://www.makita.com.au/component/com_dealer_locator/Itemid,212/view,map/

1 Like

Thing is, we’re not chasing association with their brand, they are chasing ours.
Kia, who aren’t a prestige brand didn’t hurt our standing, and neither will Amart.
We have the prestige amongst sponsors/would be sponsors because of who we are, not who our other sponsors are, or have been.

13 Likes

And companies wouldn’t just hand over that kind of money without having done some homework to ensure the demographic of their customer base matches with the Essendon brand/Essendon supporter base and the AFL. The would have seen Essendon as a very good way to reach their target audience.

3 Likes

I’m reading so much negativity, but unless it’s counterfeit I reckon Amart’s $2 mill is all good by me.

The only way a sponsorship hurts a club, is if they don’t have one.

5 Likes

Can’t believe there’s so much negativity over a multi million dollar sponsorship deal. FMD.

Thanks for the dough Amart!

5 Likes

Amart have nothing to do with me.

2 Likes

They’ve got Bakeries too??

Yeah, but you get fanned with palm fronds and get grapes dropped in your mouth, so it evens up.

1 Like