#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

Best game for the club, really played well. Tough in and under player.

Definitely his best game for the club so far, IMO. Didnā€™t have a pre-season so could improve quite a bit next year, although I still think heā€™ll find it tough to get a regular senior gig considering the types of players we have to come back in. Good to see him improving though and providing some support for the kids around the stoppages.

Definitely his best game for the club so far, IMO. Didn't have a pre-season so could improve quite a bit next year, although I still think he'll find it tough to get a regular senior gig considering the types of players we have to come back in. Good to see him improving though and providing some support for the kids around the stoppages.

The lack of pre-season has clearly affected him. He consistently plays the least minutes on the ground - only 66% yesterday for example, but is still doing plenty in the contest, a lot of which probably goes unseen - a team high 8 clearances (7 from the centre), a team high 16 contested possessions, 7 tackles, 79% efficiency (as a comparison, Zerrett was at 71%). If he is kept out of the 22 next year, the midfield would be travelling extraordinarily well.

Can someone pls refresh my memory on why he didnā€™t get a pre?

Got a case of Andruskaā€™s ā€¦

Can someone pls refresh my memory on why he didn't get a pre?

Got a case of Andruskaā€™s ā€¦

Was it a clean up job on his knee? He was in rehab when he came to us.

Has been a great pick up. One the most important cogs in the midfield this year.

ā€œOUT: Birdā€

• pazza

I actually compared his stats vs. NOBā€™s 2015. Heā€™s actually only marginally better. I think he had a good game but I donā€™t consider him much chance of being in the best 22 next year unless we have a raft of injuries.

9 tackles for the game.

I actually compared his stats vs. NOB's 2015. He's actually only marginally better. I think he had a good game but I don't consider him much chance of being in the best 22 next year unless we have a raft of injuries.
That's your problem then.

Having said that I donā€™t see him as best 22 either, just a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  load better than NOB.

Canā€™t believe the knocks on this guy. Yes he fluffs a couple but he is that in under type that every club needs. Does a lot of stuff that goes unnoticed. Reckon there is a spot for him next year

First win with the club, enjoy it Craig.

A bit more enjoyable than kicking the dew off the grass in Queanbeyan playing NEAFL Craigy boy!

This guy is the most underrated player at Essendon. Hard as nails in and under player. Will be best 22 next year

Only one of him and Hocking at once?

Only one of him and Hocking at once?

Yepā€¦ I reckon Hocking will get first nodā€¦ but Bird is there as back up in the ā€œinside gruntā€ position. More than handy but we canā€™t take a step back next year and go too slow around the ground.

I actually compared his stats vs. NOB's 2015. He's actually only marginally better. I think he had a good game but I don't consider him much chance of being in the best 22 next year unless we have a raft of injuries.

Just goes to show how worthless stats can be sometimes

Best game he has played for us.

Needs to get rid of the blind kick as soon as he gets the ball but he has been great so far this year having a very big work load and having more demanded of him than ever before.

Great game. This is what I was expecting when he came over from Sydney.

Canā€™t wait to see how he will go with the other mids in 2017.

Unspectacular, unrecognised, unappreciated in and under player. Has been very important in our midfield this yearā€¦ I know nobody likes stats, but they do reveal something about the role he has played this year. Check it out if you like.