#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

We certainly aren’t defending the contests as well if wet lose first possession. Bring him in for one of the outsiders - Stanton, green, zaha

Didn’t think he was this far down the pecking order at Essendon. Are there any other things at play here? Injuries? Off-field?

How far down the pecking order can he be? He was the emergency on ANZAC day, they’re not going to play him in AFL without having a match the week before.
I reckon he’s 99% chance to play Freo.

I was staggered he wasn’t at least on the extended list today, even if the plan was to play VFL. Would have expected him to be first cab off the rank if any midfielders need replacing.

Maybe they’ve seen him kick?

Nah McNiece was the first cab

1 Like

Given how we over possess with handball at the moment, I don’t think his kicking will be factor anyway.

That’s actually a good point.

Triggered.

6 Likes

We kick more than competition average…

So? Doesn’t make my statement any less true.

RIP Craig Bird

Papers stamped.

I quite liked him too.

Papers stamped next Redman and langford

Returning players getting precedence early in year and also maintaining team balance with number of inside mids

Bird should have been picked ahead of Howlett IMO

Woosh also knows what Bird can do however and would rate him from last year. Assessing list of other players a necessity at present.

3 Likes

Agree, he is actually a good small forward too.

Bizarre that he’s not getting a look at least

Who does this bloke have to root??

Definitely must be wondering why we even traded for him in the first place.

Would be adding more than Zaka atm and losing us less.

We didn’t. We took him as a way of Sydney dumping salary, to get the Carlisle deal over the line.

2 Likes