#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

Anyone hitting that sniper Merrett is good by me.

upgrade on howlett, quite happy with this

I get suss when Sydney release a player.

I get suss when Sydney release a player.

saints think the same of us at the moment

Anyone that can lay a shepherd like that one in the clip posted by Incoming, is more than welcome at Essendon.

another old player who will be long gone by the time we are seriously contending. thanks for the ripper decisions dodoro. file this under cooney, giles, skipworth, gwilt, chapman, williams. all useless for a flag tilt.

What a load of it! I reckon you just might have to eat it, sooner than you think.

Anyone that can lay a shepherd like that one in the clip posted by Incoming, is more than welcome at Essendon.

Weā€™ll have that aspect rubbed out of his game by February, ready for round 1.

Weā€™ll have that aspect rubbed out of his game by February, ready for round 1.

Not with Whoosha calling the shots.

Not enough of this in this thread. Even more funny then the family guy version.

I heard he actually does like surfing

If Bird can teach some of our boys to do more of this he will be well worth his place.

Thanks for posting, (have never heard of him).

Certainly liked the way he didnā€™t blink just went, and Merret being twice the size of Bird. Gutsy.

Welcome to Essendon Craig Bird.

Could not agree moreā€¦we never ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Shepard, just handball ourselves into trouble instead.

Has Bird tweeted much since the trade?

But if he stayed there with you, Swans
Things just couldnā€™t be the same
But heā€™s free as a bird now
And this bird, his name is Craig
Oh, oh, oh
Lord knows his name is Craig

Oh wonā€™t you fly high, free Bird yeah!

Do people on this site watch football? There's a lot of people here who know nothing about him and yet he played in a premiership 3 years ago.

Iā€™m an Essendon supporter, not a football watcher. I donā€™t take much notice of other mobs, they can all get stuffed as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Read the paper this morning and well there seemed to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece: a headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety, who is said to be migrating south this winter.

Has anyone Heard the word?

He is a chunky little fella isnā€™t he.

I think itā€™s a smart pick up.

We simply donā€™t apply enough defensive pressure around the midfield. The only real defensive midfielders we have is Hocking, who is a ā€˜run withā€™ player, and Howlett. If you look at the best clubs in the comp, all of them have midfields that apply a lot of pressure if they donā€™t have the footy.
You only need to look at Hawthorn to see how many goals they create because of this pressure.

We also need to bolster the midfield. We simply donā€™t have enough players that have the tank to run through the middle.

Read the paper this morning and well there seemed to be an absence of a certain ornithological piece: a headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety, who is said to be migrating south this winter.

Has anyone Heard the word?

It was my understanding that everyone had heard.

If Bird can teach some of our boys to do more of this he will be well worth his place.
This is the exact thing we need in our team! Watch highlights from our 2000 team, it's selfless acts from blokes like Hardwick, Solomon, the Johnsons, Barnard eat ect ect. Watch any of our games from the past 4-5 years, it's just blokes running forward of the ball expecting the be the next link in the chain. I love seeing a bloke run to protect his teammate because it's almost unexpected these days.

Doesnā€™t really fit our age profile but we should be able to get 3-4 years out of him. Donā€™t see why some are bashing the trade - Sydney needed to dump salary so we helped them out, and we got a great deal on the whole.

Last season we had injuries to 2-3 inside players and we were absolutely threadbare in there. Same could be said for most lists - but I donā€™t think another mature inside rotation can hurt. Will perform the secondary run-with roles better than Melksham, and at the very least heā€™s a bit quicker across the ground than Howlett, and has more strings to his bow up forward.

Welcome to Essendon Craig.